9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
clubmed.us
US$652
View deal
2,178 results
All reviews ski instructor skyline restaurant grand massif ski room chef de village buffet restaurant evening entertainment reception team ski school late breakfast skyline lounge skiing resort ski shop ski level beautiful resort huge amount wonderful week
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

We visited as a family (2 adults and 2 children, aged 6 and 4) during one of the peak February weeks. The resort was full, which is to be expected in February. However, the resort was not set up for being full! There were nowhere near enough staff and it felt like we spent the entire week queuing. Queuing in the restaurant, queuing at the equipment room, queuing at the kids club. The staff were super friendly / professional but there simply were not enough of them to look after the number of guests in the hotel.

The main restaurant experience was awful, we dreaded meal times. Whilst the quality of the food was good, the popular stations were a bun fight with people getting increasingly frustrated / pushing people out of the way. Most meal times it was a 20min queue to get an ice cream - with one solitary server for hundreds of children. Several water fountains / coffee machines were broken the entire week that we were there. We didn’t get to try the non-buffet restaurant as there were no available reservations in the entire week we were there.

The big selling point of club med is that everything is set up to make your holiday stress fee. This was not the case. So many things were not thought through sensibly. We preordered our ski kit and submitted our weight/height/ski level online. The skis were indeed waiting in our locker, but the bindings hadn’t been adjusted so we had to join a long queue to get them sorted

The kids club / ski school morning routine was chaos given the number of people (and relatively inadequate number of staff). My children found it super stressful, and actually didn’t feel safe / looked after. The ski school classes were bigger than we’ve experienced elsewhere with non-Club Med ESF.

Our bedrooms were fine in terms of layout but the decor was more like a motorway hotel standard vs the rates that club med charge. Several small things in our room needed handyman attention - loose bathroom fixtures etc - and there were no flannels provided. It felt like an accountant had been through cutting things out to improve profit margins. We requested a couple of standard things (tissues, towels) for our room via the Club Med app one afternoon. They were then delivered at midnight, waking us all up. So weird, why would they not wait till morning?!

The good… the location is excellent with proper ski in / ski out and it‘s a quick transfer from Geneva. Staff were very friendly / professional, there just weren’t enough of them.

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank avm03
Reviewed 15 April 2022

I don’t normally write reviews but I feel it is necessary after our recent holiday at Club Med in Samoens . I have stayed in numerous Club Med hotels and have always been impressed with the quality of the food and the professionalism of the staff . Unfortunately the Samoens hotel was not as good as the other Club Med hotels I have stayed in the past . The food was generally poor quality and sometimes cold . We had difficulty in finding a clean table during the breakfast and dinner service on most days . During breakfast there were no clean cups and glasses available most mornings . We tried to have a late breakfast one morning and the restaurant was closed at 9.30am !!! During some of the services at breakfast , lunch and dinner I had to queue behind staff loading their plates full of food . On day one and two our children came back from the grill with uncooked chicken , when I mentioned it to the head waiter he just shrugged his shoulders and walked off . Bruno at reception was dismissive, rude and aggressive on numerous occasions . There was a lot of cost cutting in the hotel which was very evident in the quality of the food and the service provided. The holiday was simply not worth the cost that we had paid.

1  Thank D4325DMjasonw
Reviewed 12 April 2022 via mobile

Having had our return holiday cancelled by covid in 2019 we were looking forward to our trip back.
Might I add that we had a hell of a time trying to get our money back after the trip was cancelled.
Our trip this time overall was good but there are a few issues which Clubmed need to sort out.
There customer support is awful. The phone lines have appallingly long waits (over 1 hour) and when you get through ( to add ski carriage) they give you false assurances and it never happens. I emailed to complain and the problem still wasn’t rectified. Only after many more phone calls did they direct me to the Jet2 website!
Also, the flight times had changed and Clubmed never communicated the change. Luckily we turned up 2 hours too early and not the reverse!
The hotel was fine although they managed to manipulate all the heaters in our room so that you couldn’t turn them up or down! They also managed to put the wrong room number on our luggage trolley hence we took our luggage to the room instead.
The food just didn’t feel up to standard. They certainly have more kid friendly fare but I felt that there was some cost cutting going on and making an omelette one at a time is just too slow.
The entertainment and child care were great and the staff deserve credit for that.
All in all, if there was a comparable rival company offering similar services then I would go with them as the customer service support is awful.
Pull your socks up Clubmed and improve the customer service.

1  Thank Nadia050
Club Med, Propriétaire at Club Med Grand Massif Samoens Morillon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2022

Dear Nadia 050
Thank you for taking the time to share your lived experience with us.
Your feedback is essential and allows us to constantly work to improve your experience.

We are sorry to hear from your review that the quality of services provided did not fully meet your expectations.

We hope to see you again soon in one of our other villages around the world

Best regards,

Club Med Grand Massif

Reviewed 12 April 2022

As a loyal GM I was counting the days untill I finally could go again with my family on a skiholiday organized by Club Med. This time we were spoiled by the amazing accomadation and magical snowviews of Samoens Grand Massif. The beautiful and professional shows, the luxurious halls, the tasty and variety of food, the relaxing wellness, the plenty ski and recreation activities,...are just some of the things of a long list which Club Med succeeds in to offer their customers everytime. Always with an accurate eye on everybody's needs. But above allem that it are the hospitality of the GO's which makes Club Med different from other organisations and makes me feel welcome in being a part of not only my family but a bigger family.

A special thanks to:
Melanie L, An amazing fitnesscoach who is always cheerfull and encouraging. She gives different options of poses depending on your possibilities and keeps in account special wishes of that day. Not only in the gym but also at other moments she greets you and is into a short chat.

Sara B, friendly and professional at the reception but she also takes the time to get to know you better, acompagnies you at the theater and shows her enthousiasm and involvement afterwards during other activities.

Stefano, who as a bartender catered me in every of my special drinkwishes. He makes tasty exotic cocktails but I loved even more the hot chocolate milk foamed and decorated with a smiley face. Which made me smile too after a cold snowy afternoon.

Gaétan C, not only an amazing entertainer who has so much positive energy but also a great DJ with a really good taste of music. You always played your parts at the shows with a lot of dedication, which is been seen on all other levels of your work. You look after the minors and see what needs to be done. But in all that you don't forget the GM's who you take time for to have drinks / dinner with and show true interest in their lifes and experiences of that day, always polite and with a sense of humor you anticipate on what they want.

I couldn't wish for a better holiday and have lots of warm memories to take home with me. I cannot wait for the next holiday with club med!

Reviewed 11 April 2022

We visited this resort in March 2022. When we arrived, we were extremely concerned about the warm weather and what the skiing conditions would be like. Fortunately, the slopes are mostly high, and therefore even though the conditions were very warm (with the exception of our last two days when the snowed absolutely dumped), the slopes were fine.

I cant overstate how amazing we found the resort. The GM, Mahir, has a team which really live the brand, and care deeply about customer service. Some particular highlights for us:

- Your gear is all put in your locker BEFORE you arrive. So no long queues on the first day to try get your stuff, its all ready to go.
- The kids club is extremely well set up, and at no point did we feel any concern for our daughter (4 years old). The staff there are very friendly and helpful, and our daughter absolutely loved her time.
- The hotel has been well maintained, and at no point did we find ourselves thinking "ah, thats clearly ageing a bit"

I would also like to make a specific comment on the buffet. Normally, hotels have a fairly standard offering, and change up 10 to 15% of whats on offer. Not here. The food quality was exceptional, and in our 7 night stay we didnt once get tired of the offering. Most items are changed up, so it always felt fresh and new.

I cant overstate this enough: Our experience here was so exceptional I will actively recruit my friends to make this stop part of any family ski trip. I can say, with almost a certainty, we will be back.

Date of stay: March 2022