All reviews wi fi festival spa gypsy camargue
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I had got a massage with a guy. He was not bad, but i dont like to be naked in front of the non know man. No blanket during the massage. I was feeling cold . there was no possibility for the shower. I had to leave with the oily head. I was feeling he wanted to complete quicker and to leave, he has finished 15 minutes earlier. The reception told us the massage should take 1 hour. So, the service is far from perfect. The building and interior (the swimming pool) are old , doesn't look attractive. I regret i came here , i shouldn't do it. Sorry, im often in this city, but i dont come back over there. Sure!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Hotels of any type with indoor pools are few and far between in France. That's why it's worth coming here during the winter months when you can't swim outdoors or lie on the beach, and particularly if you like salt water pools.

Thalacap is a mid-range hotel within easy walking distance of the centre of Les Saintes Maries. It has some nice sea views from the rooms on the upper floor, as well as easy access to the beach and the seafront promenade.

The pool was fairly large, with the usual massage jets and Jacuzzi, but was starting to need some updating. I didn't think the daily fee for hotel residents was too outrageous (€15.-), considering that there are two aquagym courses, a solarium, sauna and a hammam included in the price. The hotel provides bathrobes, sandals, bathing caps and towels, plus a carry bag. If you have goggles, they're recommended to protect sensitive eyes from salt water splashing.

But I thought the greatest thing about it was that unlike many other indoor pools, this one didn't have hordes of screaming kids jumping around in it, in fact it had no kids at all and was beautifully calm and uncrowded from Sunday through Friday.

My room was spacious and clean, nicely decorated and close enough to the "Espace Bien-Etre" so that I didn't have to walk miles to get there, since the hotel is quite spread out. I had a large "loggia" type balcony with sun chairs and tables. There could have been a shower curtain or a glass panel in the bathroom to prevent flooding the floor, and towel racks for drying bathrobes and bathing suits would have helped a bit. I got along by hanging things on the back of the door over the heater, but I'm not sure whether you can do this in all the rooms.

The WIFI was patchy and broke down completely for three days.

I didn't try the restaurant, although I heard from other customers that it was very good. The breakfast buffet had a good choice, however there was no hot food.

I didn't have any spa treatments, but I noticed the prices were fairly reasonable.

Room Tip: The low-numbered rooms are closest to the lobby and spa, Floor 2 has sea views.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Why don't the staff smile? The grout was filthy, balcony very odd, could only see the sky if I sat down due to a very high wall, overflowing ashtrays used as door stops, lifeguard having a fag outside when there were several people in the pool, balcony door had a very makeshift catch and I did not feel secure. Outdoor pool shut and it was lovely weather - 22/24 degrees.
This could be a great place, but it is dirty and shabby. It has a fantastic position, but it desperately needs money spending on it. However, scrubbing the grout is not expensive and it is inexcusable that it had not been done.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Not a pretty hotel, but very well placed to explore the camargue. My initial thoughts on entering the hotel was the smell of damp. (the spa) The Indoor pool cost extra but never used it. Breakfast was very poor, not very happy whilest having breakfast most guests were in dressing gowns and flip flops ready for a day in the spa. Felt staff were not interested in normal customers just the people on spa breaks. The rooms were ok but one grumble was the TV had no English channels it would be nice just to catch up on the news.The bar closed at ten at the latest. This was a struggle to be served and one evening was asked to leave the area as they wanted to turn the lights off and close up at 9.30.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Hotel was well situated at the quieter end of town about 5 mins walk to centre. Nice views from room overlooking the sea. Room was a good size. Wi fi not great. Breakfast was very nice. Good selection on offer. Breakfast room overlooked the sea and lovely views for breakfast. Apart from the guy on duty in the breakfast room staff were not very friendly. This is a spa hotel and I feel that they were more interested in their spa guests than others. We wanted to use the outdoor pool which was available to all hotel guest and when we asked for towels we were told that we had to buy them at €15.00 each that I certainly would not pay for the rubbish quality of these towels.This is unheard of in any hotel which we have stayed in with a pool. Towels were always provided for hotel guests. This is not acceptable. This is a large hotel and I got the impression that the staff were only doing a job without any great interest in it. Won't be back

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face the sea
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple