All reviews min drive entered the reception horse riding beautiful surroundings on arrival cabin cabane setting minibar horses nature ac key diner toilet ducks pond
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Well I was there on July with my company as it was a motivational holiday. I entered the reception and the check-in was seamless, staff was attentive and smiley.
I had a long but a pleasant walk to my room which was at the end of the pond so I had my little corner to sit and relax. There are 2 doors when you enter the room so you are protected from mosquitoes. The room looked refurbished with amenities available that you'd expect from a 4* property, minibar with good variety, AC was turned on upon arrival, good room and massive bathroom size with separate cabin for toilet. I cant say any negatives about the room but suggestions would be you should give another key for the inner door because when I try to get into the room I do it quickly to not to let mosquitoes in and I cannot lock the door at the outside, the shower looks modern but inconvenient to keep the area clean, my safe was not working (I did not call help).

The resort itself has a very authentic bar loved the way it looked like from the medieval times. Good breakfast for Hotels in France I also liked the dinners we had.

We also used the horse riding activity which doesn't belong to the hotel but are lodged there and the bicycle activity, all this I can relate to the hotel too as they are kind of partners therefore it offered great opportunities for activities too.

Overall a great fun stay with attentive staff in an enjoyable property. keep it going!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Hendrik S, Owner at L'Auberge Cavaliere Du Pont Des Bannes, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your kind review. We are glad to read that you've enjoyed your stay in our hotel, our attentive staff and your room. We take good note of your comments regarding the room and the bathroom in order to give satisfaction to our dear guests. We would be happy to welcome you during your next stay in Camargue !

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Their staff are totally incompetent and the rudest I have ever met anywhere ever, the food is very ordinary and not at all worth the higher price that you will pay over much better restaurants nearby. It was also windy, cold, they have no blankets despite this and you will get eaten alive by mosquitoes. Somebody had diarrhea in the toilets and it hadn't been cleaned up when I went in with my two-year-old son which was revolting.

We had to wait for ages for any attention from the waiting staff, the food was a bland disappointment, the music was not anywhere near as good as we had experienced in Arles.

I booked this restaurant in July for my Father-in-law’s 60th birthday. It was two €100 taxi journeys from beautiful Arles where we were staying and in hindsight given the awful experience we had in the restaurant at Auberge Cavaliere, I wish we had stayed in Arles and celebrated in one of the many excellent restaurants we discovered there instead.

I had been corresponding with the girl in charge of their restaurant, for a number of weeks before we arrived, about their “Soiree Gypsy” to ask questions. This was the sole reason we’d booked as my father-in-law is a big fan of gypsy jazz. We arrived early to a virtually empty restaurant to discover we had been placed, despite her being aware of the significance of the occasion to our family, on the very edge of the terrace exposed to the wind on two sides. I asked for us to be moved to a better table and initially the manager refused, saying there were other guests arriving and the other tables were reserved. I then asked if these guests had reserved those specific tables, and she had to concede they hadn’t. Eventually, and very begrudgingly, after intimating that I was being a complete pain as there was “no difference at all in any of the tables and how cold it would be”, (which was not true at all) she put us on a better table. I also noted that the terrace did not fill completely, and she had just been lying. It was really like she was going out of her way to be horrible.

We had ordered a variety of menus as for their Soiree Gypsy you couldn’t order a la carte. Because it was a celebration we asked if we could order additional dishes beyond what was included in the menu. They said we could order additional menus, which we did. Instead they gave us dishes from the choices within the menu, but charged us as though it was a la carte and then refused to give us any deserts. So we paid more than the menu for less dishes.

I only realised this after I paid (I was in such a hurry to leave and go somewhere else for a post-dinner celebratory bottle of champagne) and they refused to listen or refund the money.

Going there was truly horrible experience, which was mainly down to the truly awful and unpleasant hostess/restaurant manager (it wasn’t entirely clear what her role was). But to be honest even if she’d been lovely, this would still have been a disappointment due to the music not being very exciting, the cold and the dull food. The food included the most disgusting sugar-laden blamange “birthday cake” I have ever eaten which arrived without any attempt to make a fuss over my father-in-law at all. Nobody could manage more than a spoonful it was so revolting.

And when judging my review and whatever nonsense I am guessing will be written in response to this (given it will probably be that awful restaurant manager) in light of my negative review, please read my other reviews and see I generally post positively and say very nice things about where I have eaten or stayed. It is only when I have had a truly diabolical experience that I feel it necessary to warn others from making a similar bad decision to me.

This was DEFINITELY my worst restaurant experience ever. I strongly suggest you DO NOT EAT HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank 725Alex
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This should not be a 4 star hotel. During my stay of 3 days, I was not able to connect to the wifi once. When I approached the staff with this concern, they brushed it off completely instead of finding a solution. This is great for those trying to limit and restrict their wifi access for calm holiday. However for those who need the internet for other purposes (work!) this is something that needs to be considered.

On first impression, the hotel is very spacious and cozy. There are 2 pools and it's a very beautiful set up. For those who love horses, this is definitely the place; although the horse-ride was not 5/5 either. The food at the hotel is over priced and the service is poor. The sink in the room was not installed which meant the water leaked from the pipes and flooded the floor. The shower does not have a curtain, nor is there a drain on the floor. Again, at first impression the room is splendid. But after some time, one rapidly notices the quick fixes and lazy construction.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank foodyreviewer13
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The Owner has no sense of welcome
Rooms, bar and restaurant are outdated
Restaurant.....is the worst of this bad experience
I went there 15 years ago......and it was so nice, unfortunately it has been almost no investment since then

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Dioti
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Hotel consists of many little huts, well appointed, set in lovely grounds. There are stables and horses for those who wish to ride out. Or you can rent bicycles - which we did.
It is about 1 km of the title town, so we stayed in for dinner. Again a lovely setting, but a very restricted menu: 4-5 choices per course. Wines especially expensive. Serving staff not brilliant: slow service but maybe because the restaurant was full.
We first sat next to a table where they were listening to a football match on the phone: loud and intrusive. We asked to be moved, as staff obviously thought there was no point in asking those customers to show more consideration. There did not seem to be a lot of understanding for our desire to enjoy a quiet meal....
Breakfast maybe very nice but way too costly so we went to the local bakers.
Room was clean - though room service came lat in the day - generously sized and comfortable.
Free internet was very unreliable

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family