“Horrible experience, poor service and communication”
Review of Les Arnelles

Les Arnelles
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Booked an 2 hour ride for 6 beginner adults. As we have 2 young children with us, I check with them if there is also pony rides while waiting, and they confirmed via email that there is. They also confirmed that there is a English speaking guide.

When we reach there, there is only 1 person at the counter, and a ladies in her 50s , the guide, who can't speak a word of English. While we understand that French is their mother tongue, but they should have promised us an English speaking guide if they don't have any.

While the adults went on their rides, no one is left in the ranch. Saw a lady staff walking her dog, asked her about the pony ride, she just say 'No' , another false promise.

While the rest of the adults went on the the ride, the lady guide was smoking in front while riding her horse. Very little care was taken to ensure safety of the riders as well.

One of the worse experience ever. I will strongly advised against visiting.

I have a copy of the email with the empty promises if they ever dare to dispute.

Jimmy

"trotted"
"lakes"
"cantering"

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful nature and nice ride but mostly - walk. Only 2 short sprints were allowed during 2 h ride. We saw lots of flamingos and the lady - guide - was very nice. Spoke some English too. The stable is adjacent to a very nice hotel that offered us great breakfast and lunch ( extra cost ). The ride was really interesting but for me and my colleague way to slow. We wanted to trot and canter more which was not allowed. Same day we also went to another stable and after both rides Les Arnelles turned out to be better experience. Nature, the views were really sth special. For us everything was great except the speed of the ride witch did not meet our expectations. I am sure that for people who ride only a little bit this trip would have been amazing. We hv visited the place at the end of July.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Nice place to stay if you head to Saintes Maries. Small but confortable rooms. Great breakfast by the pool. only point = single dinner menu so no choice in case you have issues....but then so many other options inside the Village !

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My two children (10 & 12) and I did the 3 hour tour for confirmed riders. I was a bit concerned before the ride about the ability of my youngest when the monitor, Cindy, said that the group will gallop a good part of the ride. We nearly decided to cancel the 3 hour ride for the 2 hour ride which is more suited for all levels of riders. Fortunately they were all booked and we had no choice but to do the 3 hours with Cindy. So glad we did it. My kids cannot stop talking about this. We got to see A LOT of the natural environment of the Camarque that you cannot easily do without a horse. We stopped at many points along the ride and Cindy gave a lot of interesting information on the surroundings (in French and as much English as she could courageously muster, I help her a bit being bilingual myself). Best of all for my children was being able to ride on the Camarque horses (in full gallop) in the natural environment. That is something they simply cannot stop talking about.

1  Thank Phil S
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2017

During my 2 week stay in Camargue I went for several tours with Les Arnelles. A couple of them were managed by Crin Blanc instead (next to les Arnelles). I am an experienced rider and horses were distributed based on experience. All the horses I got were nice and well behaved. The tours managed by les Arnelles themselves were however of higher quality than those managed by Crin Blanc (with exception for Stephanie who was a great guide too). The tours allowed us to see the black bulls, flamingos and nice surroundings. The 3 h tour for experienced riders, managed by les Arnelles, was great with nice gallops along the beach!

1  Thank Sofia M