All reviews nice pool area private parking on foot comfortable rooms edge jacuzzi france tranquility region town terrace furnishings walkable carpet camargue km
Reviewed 26 July 2018

A one-night visit to this hotel and restaurant on the edge of the seaside resort of Saintes Maries de la Mer proved to be a very agreeable surprise. The young but well-trained staff gave us a cordial reception and were unobtrusively helpful. Our room (#11), overlooking one of the typical Carmargue étangs or salt ponds, was bright and airy with a spacious bathroom and efficient air conditioning. The terrace gave a view of the waterway where wild life could be watched. The quiet indoor/outdoor restaurant offered set and a la carte menus, and we were more than happy with our choices. We did not make use of the large pool, but it was obviously very popular. This well-run establishment fully justifies its four-star rating and left us with the feeling that we would like to make a return visit..

Room Tip: Upstairs room with balcony overlooking water
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

If I were to rate this hotel based only on rooms and services I guess it would get an average rating, but the staff is so pleasant and efficient that one can only say this place is really good . From the lady at the reception to the trainee by the pool, they all really took the time to do everything to make our stay comfortable (family with a toddler and a newborn). When we arrived they actually unpacked our portable baby cot and set it up without us having to ask! The actual hotel needs a major facelift though, the hair dryer in the room didn’t work (was replaced efficiently, but still) the air conditioning system was extremely out dated. The toilet was in a separate room from the sink so you can’t wash your hands after you’ve done your business without going to another room , thereby touching a few doorknobs(I had to buy disinfectant wipes obviously).The room service menu is very limiting and service is only for a couple of hours. If you want to eat at the restaurant, which I heard is good but didn’t try, you need to reserve in advance. The hotel is five minutes on foot from the city center.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with a group for five nights. The hotel is well situated outside of town for tranquility but close enough to walk to the grocery store and restaurants (about a ten minute walk). I loved the look and feel of the lobby and grounds. Breakfast was amazing. The bread was what you expect in France and the staff makes eggs how you like them. Dinner was very good although quite expensive compared to local restaurants. They carry a great choice of wines. I absolutely loved all of the staff as they were extremely friendly and accommodating. The only thing I can say negative about this hotel is that it needs some updating. The carpet throughout is very worn and the furnishings in the bedroom are very dated. My bathroom was nice and updated but many of the other rooms hadn’t been updated. Also, the grounds needed lots of weeding and maintenance. Overall, this is a great hotel and one I would stay at again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Mangio Fango provided our group with excellent service. The rooms are large and very comfortable. They provide the best food in Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer. The spa was wonderful, and staff very accommodating. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

As part of a cycle tour I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at this hotel for one night. It is well located on the edge of town but walkable to town. It is very well appointed, quiet, comfortable. I especially enjoyed the lovely shower after a long day in the saddle. Dinner was also exceptional. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
michel r, Propriétaire at Hotel Mangio Fango, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you very much for your warm message.
Hope to welcome you another time.