All reviews stunning views indoor pool window table high season very nice hotel simon promenade receptionist euros weather les
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Overall very comfortable and enjoyable . The staff were efficient friendly and helpful. My only complaint was not enough parking space to off load. Could do with two spaces at least. Did manage to get secure private parking at extra cost behind the Hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The Atlantic Hotel well here goes.
Firstly over 1400 euros for seven nights room only which is fine it's what we signed up for but a benchmark for expectations.
The Superior room was ok but small, shall we say compact.
Tv ok even better if there was an English news channel available surely not too hard to achieve these days.
Wi Fi excellent, sea views the same with generous balcony.
Dining left me bewildered , breakfast tables are around the small indoor pool which had a strange feel when such lovely sea views were available in the main dining area but denied to breakfasters, why ?
The hotel bar is also around the pool no bar staff to be found on the couple of occasions we fancied a drink, no drinks of any real choice anyway, we like a drink but never had a drink all week so draw your own conclusions !
No parking available, don't be fooled search around the streets and find a space if you're lucky.
The hotel is remote at the far end of the promenade and a good 40 minutes walk from the best marina restaurants. We never saw a taxi all week so be prepared to walk.
We thought we'd try a meal in the hotel restaurant so I went to reception at 1100 hrs to book a table for that night for 1930 for me and my wife. The best tables are inevitably by the window with the sea views and I asked if we could have one of those tables. I was told we couldn't as it was not possible to reserve specific tables basically you got what was free at the time. Ok no problem we'll take our chance. We came to the dining room in good time to be greeted by Simon apparently the supervisor, none of the window seats were taken which was a bonus, in fact there was only one other couple in the restaurant. I asked for a window table, Simon haughtily made it clear that was not possible. I asked why and told him what we had been informed earlier he was extremely arrogant and his attitude was disappointing to say the least. Dare I say say the English go to the back of the queue, We were led to an inferior table with a basically take it or leave it attitude from the supercilious Simon.
Embarrassed in front of other guests who were now arriving we felt we had no alternative e but to leave. Simon needs a place on a customer service skills course, he must be costing this hotel a fortune, certainly the £200 we would have spent.
Anyway rant over and not a hit and run review we are in room 602

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank sonihr
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

2 night stay and the room 602 is lovely with stunning views. It's clean and well equipped with excellent WiFi. Breakfast was good and fair value. We have dined by the quayside as it has been terrific weather but the menus look interesting.

We parked safely outside for free but you can book parking which might be needed in high season. There are restaurants nearby but we found it better to walk into the centre and choose.

All positive and a great place to stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

After being on the road for almost 7 hours and finding five hotels visited full, we asked at a Mercure hotel of which we are a member, to find a hotel and book it for us. They booked the Mercure at Les Sables d'Olonne another 45 minutes away. When unable to find the hotel we arrived at Atlantic and explained the situation to the receptionist who said "Oh its just round the corner". At which point I refused to go further and said I will stay here. She immediately offered to phone the Mercury and cancel our booking. A wonderful refreshing change. The hotel food was more than excellent. A menu at 34 euros and the good wine 27 euros. They have an indoor pool which was very welcome, as weather can be a bit breezy on this coast. I would willingly travel some distance to stay at this hotel again. Date was 17 May 2017

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2017

The hotel is located at the south end of the promenade with stunning views, the majority of the town’s restaurants are towards the marina and a good 30min walk but there are plenty of good restaurants nearby.
The rooms are very modern and recently renovated and have a nautical theme.
There is a large indoor pool on the ground floor with retractable roof and a nice seating area and bar adjacent to the pool.
Staff were very helpful and very friendly.
We managed to park for free right on the road outside and there is a small car park at the back, access to this hotel is very easy.
I would definitely recommend this small hotel and will look to visit here again in the Summer months.

Date of stay: February 2017