See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We booked this hotel online based on the good price and hotel pictures.This hotel is easily the worst place to stay I have ever witnessed. It is filthy , the bed and furniture appalling, and the bathroom is a walking in wardrobe with a sliding door. The hotel would not give a refund , so we were left out of pocket and to find another hotel .

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aldoray777
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Booked last minute due to bad weather and not being able to camp. The reception is closed from 12pm till 4pm and if you hand your keys in (like the notices say) you are unable to access your room until someone has returned, I was told off by a staff member for handing in my keys, and although he had access to them, he said I had to wait till 4pm which ended up being 5pm.

Rooms are very old and noisy, close to each other so could hear everything in the next room (across the corridor) and windows didn't shut properly. We were woken up at 2:30am with drunk guests and then at 5:30am with a very loud TV and the clanging of people's cutlery in the breakfast room. Despite saying there was Wifi, we could not connect at all in our stay.

The only plus is it is right near the Ferry and close to some beautiful historical landmarks.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I take family and friends to this restaurant. I always have the food gras and then the Dover sole. I have seen simple cut backs. The home made butter is gone with the sea salt to a plastic wrap. The bread is not as nice. These little things just made a difference. I think the baby goldfish need to go into retirement. A new look is needed I still love this place. But. Do not cheap out on little things.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Used this hotel twice as a stop over returning to UK from holidaying in Europe. Adequate for this. You can park for free across the road. The rooms are modest and clean. Perfect location for exploring Calais town centre. Staff are friendly and professional. Not sure I'd stay longer as I'd choose a better hotel. Breakfast a bit pricey but caters well.
Saying all that I'd stay again as location is perfect for an evening in Calais before returning home from a holiday. See you next year.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

I will just review the hotel as I didn't eat in the Restaurant on this trip. However, I cannot understand how such a nice restaurant could house such dirty, dingy, unkept, and uncared for rooms to rent.
Awful, Diabolical, Disgusting and a hundred more expletives if I could think of them. Filthy stairs and corridors leading to Dirty rooms, terrible bed etc.., the worst ever. Don't be tempted by the price. No charge would be too expensive. We had three rooms reserved and all of them were just as bad. Just avoid !!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family