All reviews sea view the beach is great ferry port walk along the beach neighbouring hotel family stay de la comfortable double bed coffee making facilities overnight stop wifi is free le shuttle mussels reception desk the ritz ample parking channel tunnel
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted with the site that the front doors to the hotel had been smashed in. We had to report to the sister hotel as ours apparently no longer had a reception! Once we obtained the keys we went to our room. I can only describe it as disgusting. Holes we’re in most walls and doors, mould (to which I have a severe allergy to) was growing in all areas of the apartment. Pubic hairs from previous guests were in the bed and animal hairs on the blankets also added to the squalled conditions. It was not fit for an animal to sleep in, yet alone a family of four and it smelt terrible. This caused my family and I immense distress. We had just had a long drive through Spain and France and at the least we were expecting a clean room that we could rest in. Both my daughters became anxious as they did not (understandably) want to stay in a dirty, unclean and inhabitable room!

I complained to the reception who after some discussion did offer a room change. This was not much better. I scoured the internet to try to find an alternative family room somewhere but to no avail as they were all booked up. Not surprisingly as most stay here (like us) to catch the ferry the following day.

After a very long and distressing night spent trying to comfort our children we managed to change our ferry crossing so we could check out as soon as possible.

As well as this It also appears that the hotel is used by the local police force as a base for officers who are trying to contain the immigration problems that Calais has.

A final note to be made aware of is that the hotel took the money out of my account two days before we checked in. Whilst I appreciate that many do this as a test procedure, surely they should have refunded it back into my account? They tried to charge me twice as the receptionist also asked for payment. If I had not checked my bank account online prior to check in I would have paid again! An absolutely awful experience!

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank holte16
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Residence du Golf several years ago and kind of vowed never to return. But a late ferry and few other options led to coming back. Now I wouldn’t say I hated it is as much this time as last and for a family of four it served our purpose of being close to the ferry terminal and having a bed for us and bunk beds for the kids to sleep in, though they wanted the mattress moved to ground level. The room itself is small with paper thin walls and in need of modernisation. Yet there is a little kitchenette and the fridge was a plus. It’s close to the beach, though the weather always seems so dismal in this town and there are some playgrounds and mini golf so there’s things close by for children if you intend to stay for longer. On both visits I have found the staff at check in and departure to be friendly. Whilst this is a hotel I will not rush back for, this time at least I leave I without completely discounting returning, that’s something I guess!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

don.t expect a 4 star hotel for a beach location. park your car and walk along the beach and have fun and restaurants are close by or towards the ferry entrance from the ocean. beautiful location. meutermedia

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I have to say that we booked a night in Hotel Residence du Golf just as a stopover before getting Le Shuttle back home. I was truly impressed. We arrived tired after a long drive and missed the 7pm reception closure. It wasn’t a problem. Just popped along to the sister hotel reception right next door and received a warm welcome. The room was perfect for the price (with a sea view). We popped back next door for a meal and the food was lovely and very reasonably priced. It’s not The Ritz, but I would definitely go back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Clean, pleasant rooms with fridge, microwave, kettle etc.
Literally seconds from the beach and great views of the sea and constantly passage of Ferries.
Very good value cost wise at winter rate of 45 Euros per room.
Comfortable double bed and bunk beds for Grandsons.
Ample parking and adjacent Restaurant served very good meals at a reasonable price.
Grandsons are free at breakfast when accompanied by adults.
Great place as a base or a stopover.

Date of stay: February 2018