1,073 results
All reviews swimming pool executive room channel tunnel cite europe extensive grounds steam room good size eurotunnel terminal bar and restaurant long drive the air conditioning euro tunnel plenty of parking rooms are large following morning reception staff overnight stop
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Helpful staff. Clean rooms. Good breakfast. Plenty of car parking. Quite location. Slightly more expensive than many in the area, but worth the extra we feel. Would be nice to have bottled water in the room fridge.

Stayed: September 2018
Thank Visitors from U... U
Direction_Coquelles, reception at Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the site. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Be assured that we take into account all your considerations to enhance your stay. We hope to see you soon again,
Best regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2018

I tried to post this on the Holiday Inn page and it was rejected as having sensitive information. Maybe they don't want people knowing about the dodgy door and no safe in the room?
Just OK

First impressions were great, the reception areas were fab. The room was tired, more like 3* than 4*. The door didn't fit properly, it was loose and it looked like someone had tried to break in with marks carved out of the wood by the lock. No safe in the room. We ate in the bar area with our dogs as they weren't allowed in the restaurant, the carpet was threadbare. The food was OK, nothing wonderful but not bad either, just mediocre. Service was excellent. Overall, OK as just a stopover for the night, we probably wouldn't used this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi saru2013,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with the customer service delivered by our hotel staff.

We rely on guest feedback as this will allow us to improve wherever possible and I am sorry to read that you were not able to post your review. I am also sorry for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the food served and the room accommodations provided. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I use Holiday Inn all the time when we travel because they have a good standard. This sadly was the exception.
The welcome was surely and we could not get in the restaurant until 8:30which is far too late for us. They suggested if we went in quickly when we had arrived we could get served. What they did not tell us was that it was a very limited menu. We found a very good place in the town.
The hotel was. Sry busy and to some extent that is a partial explanation but not one to return too.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Direction_Coquelles, reception at Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Paul J,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We recently had a good experience in the Peterborough Holiday Inn (see my review of August 2018) so we thought that we would give this place a try whilst we were heading back to the tunnel. We had stayed here before but many years previously.

Anyhow It is a pretty standard Holiday Inn. The rooms are reasonably spacious and they have a large comfortable bed however we thought that the bathroom was a bit grubby and will soon need a refurbishment. The place also has a swimming pool but it was over run with children. It is probably more a family orientated place.

We went for dinner in the restaurant and I had the duck. It was cold when it came and the fat had not been rendered down properly. I think that it must have been cooked much earlier with the idea that it would be reheated, unfortunately they forgot to reheat it. I sent it back. The service itself was OK but the food was verging on the very poor side. The food itself was way over priced for what it was and certainly not good value for money.

We had paid only a few euros more (less than 5 each) to have the breakfast. It was buffet style but quite good with a good selection of pastries, breads, yoghurt, juices as well as some hot food options. This was much better than we anticipated.

We regarded the price for the room as expensive and again not good value for money. Our overall impression was that we were a bit disappointed. After our Peterborough experience I said that I was happy to be reacquainted with the Holiday Inns but now having stayed here I am not so sure. I was going to rate it as poor but the good breakfast just pulls it up.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aequitas6

Dear Aequitas6,
Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I just checked in, showered then went down stairs for a drink In the bar before dinner after driving 600 miles for an overnight stay before continuing onto the uk.
The attitude of the person serving was atrocious: cold,unwelcome like and as though I was inconveniencing her being a customer.
When I asked if she could be a little more accomadating and polite I was met with “ I don’t understand English “ quote .., an absolute disgrace to the brand and myself as a loyal member of IHG rewards.
I promptly left my drink without taking a drop,checked out,paid and left to take the channel tunnel just 1.5 hours after arriving at the hotel.
A disgrace .. will never grace this place again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank David M
Direction_Coquelles, reception at Holiday Inn Calais - Coquelles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear David M,