“Chef Celine”

Ranked #2 of 158 Restaurants in Beauvais
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I have no clue who "Celine" is - the owner? Chef? Muse for the chef? Is it even the name of a real person? With food this good - this outstanding, actually - does it even matter?

I flew from New York to Dublin and changed planes to Ryan Air and few into Beauvais and decided to stay the night in this small town with the big Cathedral before heading to Paris for the weekend. And boy oh boy, am I ever happy I did with two amazing meals in one day (read my other review for the other restaurant).

I dined solo - arriving ten minutes before they open at 7:30pm on a Friday night. (I had no idea dinner began so late here in Beauvais)
The hostess was kind enough to let me sit at my well appointed table in the well appointed room. And at 7:30 on the dot, she appeared with my menu (only in French) and explained the dishes to me in English. (She is delightful, BTW)
Although they have a few price fixed menus (one for 25 euros, one for 35 and 45) I went a la carte because I wanted the Fois Gras starter and Duck main but did not want dessert. Both my choices were perfection. As was my glass of dry white wine.

My starter of Fois Gras was actually more $ than my duck, but that did not surprise me. Both were significantly less money than this exact meal in NYC or LA.

FYI - The restaurant began to fill up after 8pm. I walked in w/o a reservation - not sure if that is such a good idea. And - I was the only English speaker. (That's always a plus)

With food this good - I may fly into Beauvais every time I visit Paris.

1  Thank Scott S

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

All the food is beautifully presented. Service excellent. At the end of the meal the bill seemed quite high, this was mainly due to the quality of the wine. I asked for a glass of white wine, expecting a good house wine, and was given a glass of Pouilly Fuisse. Parking is nearby, in the street

Reviewed 26 August 2016

lovely place,excellent wine good location average price fully satisfied.Definitely i reccomend this place.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

I had booked a table in the restaurant and was joined by some of my colleagues from Beauvais. We had an excellent meal accompanied by very good wines (French ofcourse).

1  Thank Johan17
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The menu was 21 euros and we had an amazing homemade tart with a salad. I got tilapia for my main course and that was great with a potato tart, squash vegetables and also pumpkin puree. The dessert was a lovely parfait. This was a very nice place with great food.

3  Thank Doctorheather