All reviews overlooking the lake a lovely stay stayed here great position cleanliness casino town french
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed in the turret suite (room 1) which was well worth the slight extra as the room was spacious with 3 comfortable arm chairs. It's on the first floor so only a few stairs (no lift). Windows on 3 sides meant it was airy even in the recent hot weather. The view over the lake could not be bettered. All the staff we met were most friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast @ euro 8 was good value.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

What a treat! A lovely very quaint hotel, with a very competent manager who has great English and is very helpful. The room was superb, with a fab comfy bed and lovely bathroom. There were however plenty of steps.Overall cleanliness was very good and the view as promised from under the eaves was lovely. Bagnoles is a fascinating place, easy to walk round and lots to see.
No tea/coffee making facilities.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I recently paid my second visit this year to La Potiniere. In April this year I was upgraded, free of charge to a room overlooking the lake. This time I was back in my usual room, which as always, was spotlessly clean. The bathroom had been completely refurbished and is now a shower room.

I dined in the restaurant, having reserved a table in advance. The staff were, as usual, efficient and polite. The food in the restaurant is very good and is to be recommended.

I have stayed at this hotel six times over a period of three years and I have always enjoyed staying here. I would happily recommend anyone visiting Bagnoles to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 night s in July. We booked their suite, which was light, airy and spacious with 4 windows, 2 overlooking the lake.So the room had all round views and the hotel is right in the town centre with free street parking outside. The owners are very friendly and helpful and food in the restaurant good and reasonably priced. Breakfast was not the best we had on our holiday but was quite adequate.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We had a lovely stay here despite there being no air conditioning. We did like th French do and shut the blinds to keep the heat out opening them once the air cooled down. The only problem was that had paid for a lake view which of course we didn't really get to look at until the morning!! The view was lovely though and it didn't cost a lot more to be away from the noise of the road on the other side of the hotel.
We ate in the restaurant which was lovely and were served throughout by friendly very helpful staff.
I would recommend a stay here as the place it's self is situated so well looking on to the lake.
We had a restful time ready for the next leg of our long journey home.

Room Tip: Best views are across the lake but the coolest rooms are probaly on the road side as they face the east.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple