See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Arrive at this restaurant with my husband and his two work colleges , we sat down and we're given menus . I ordered the sirloin steak as a chef , the steak was cooked perfect m/r . Half was through me chewing my steak and half swallowing I felt I was slightly chocking and managed to pull out cling film from my throat! I didn't want to make a fuss but felt I needed to tell the waitress she came over with a small side dish and asked me to place it on the plate to show the chef's. While waiting on what she had to say she completely blanked us until I had to call her over to explain why this was in my meal. She said in French she would ask the chef??? So I'm not for sure but I'm pretty sure she threw it out it in the bin without saying and continued on with her work. After saying to the chef after I told her to let him know, she then decided to bring the whole package of cling film down to us to show me that's what I chocked on??? I'm not stupid I know what it was . I also understand that the sirloin is wrapped in it to make the cut easier. (Chef) she didn't really care to be honest as it was us that had to call her over. She asked if I wanted anything else I said no thank you . We heard nothing more not a sorry from the chef on her behalf ( maybe he did and she just didn't tell us) or her or even a goodwill off the bill we payed full price which I didn't mind but a gesture would of even been nice . Nothing . Very very disappointed good food without the cling film ! But very poor service . Will not be back again .

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
russule, Propriétaire at Hotel O Gayot, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Understand about your feeling. It is not the meat but the butter enroled. It shoudn't arrive and I'm really sorry that the team didn't come back and make something. So sorry about that. I''m confused about what's happened. What can I do know ?

Reviewed 8 September 2017

First time we visit this hotel. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. The rooms are small but enough for a 2 star hotel. Th bathroom is super clean. Very pleasant was the big TV in the room. We liked it.

Room Tip: This little town has a casino!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
russule, Propriétaire at Hotel O Gayot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you very much and pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We visited here on several occasions on two stays in Bagnoles and it has become a family favourite. We loved eating indoor and out and almost exclusively chose the daily specials. All three generations loved it here and will certainly return!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
russule, Propriétaire at Hotel O Gayot, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

With pleasure, many thanks, see you next time.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

We visited recently for an evening meal and the food and the service was outstanding, easily the best steak that we have ever had. Hotel O Gayot is located in a beautiful town in France which we would highly recommend. We intend to come back one day just for the food as it was so good.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
russule, Propriétaire at Hotel O Gayot, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Thank you very much.
All the best.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We had a very good experience with this hotel. Very nice staff and an ideal hotel to visit Normandy. Hotel was located in a very nice town Bagnoles and there was enough possibilities for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
russule, Propriétaire at Hotel O Gayot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Thank you very much for your opinion. It is very nice of you.