All reviews free shuttle the bus small shopping an enjoyable stay super close split level three adults hotel is clean until midnight would definitely stay here again free breakfast family room perfect location shuttle runs check in was easy convenience store phone number
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located, with the souvenir shop/cafe/convenience store just across the hotel. Many restaurants, the bus stop, and the mount are walking distance too.
Rooms are clean, modern and charming but a little on the tiny side. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean, but not enough room for our luggages (we got the quadruple loft). Breakfast buffet was delicious too and service was excellent.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tanya T
Reviewed 9 August 2018

The hotel is located close to Mont Saint Michel, near Galleries du Mont saint Michel where you can buy even some things to eat which are not expensive. Also the bus stop for the free shuttle to the Mont is just in front. The only problems are the lack of space in the room and the absence of an air conditioner or ventilator. The breakfast is good only for those that do not have problems like diabetes or gluten intolerance.

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Rodica Z
Reviewed 7 August 2018

OK there is no surprise here as we had read other reviews. This hotel has no A/C but to me it was not an issue. It gets pretty cool in the summer nights and was very comfortable, the only downside of opening the windows though, is that you get all the noise from the street... we had the delight of hearing a large and very loud group of tourists rushing each other to board their bus... Weak WiFi which will be annoying if you are travelling with teenagers. Other than that the rooms are large and clean, the bathrooms are new and very modern, the breakfast is pretty decent and the service we received from the staff was excellent, I forgot my pillow and they called us to let us know!
I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank avvpine
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We booked with this hotel through Agoda on the TripAdvisor website. We first set the filters to include hotels with air conditioning since we knew it would be extremely hot while there. Hotel Gabriel was one of the options, so we booked it.

We arrived in the evening and was greeted by a friendly white haired gentleman at the front desk. We went to our room and quickly dropped off our bags because we had a night tour of Mont St Michel.

We finished our tour and arrived back at the hotel around midnight. We went to our room exhausted and before we got on the bed I checked for bed bugs (I do that everywhere we stay). I was shocked to find the mattress was full of hair. Not just a little amount, but completely covered. There was an air conditioner inside the room, but it wasn’t working. I called to the front desk and he informed me that there wasn’t air conditioning at all in the whole hotel...

As I was hanging up the phone and contemplating with my wife on what to do, I saw a bug crawling on the ceiling. I went to kill it and noticed it was a cockroach. If you know anything about them, where there’s one there’s many. This sealed our decision to leave the hotel.

My wife and I went downstairs and spoke to the nice gentleman explaining that we could not stay there due to the conditions. He didn’t even flinch when we told him about the cockroach. He informed us that he could not refund our money because we booked through Agoda and they would have to refund us. We sent an email to Agoda later on and stayed at another hotel for less money, it had AC and no cockroaches.

Agoda responded to my email saying they could not refund us, that the hotel has to do that. We called the hotel and they assured us it was Agoda that needed to refund us. We have yet to be refunded. I would not stay at this hotel again nor use Agoda to book any hotels in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank merrillmike82
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Hotel Gabriel was in the village closest to Mont Saint Michel - perfectly located, and really easy to hop the shuttle/walk to the Mont. The rooms were bright and super cute, though turning corners on the lower level and getting up the stairs was sometimes tricky. Breakfast was great - it's always nice to have something more substantial included.

We visited in the middle of a heat wave, and I unfortunately don't sleep well in humid air. While we kept the window open (with the light curtain drawn, which seemed to keep the village's many bugs at bay), none of the air circulated to the top floor and it got really warm. Of course, I'm a spoiled American who cranks her air up to the max level and is used to super chilly hotel rooms, so it's all relative.

Stayed: July 2018