All reviews spiral staircase sister hotel top floor pack light worth the extra effort magical experience mont st lit up at night worst meal stayed two nights tour buses parking lot is ahead of time next morning day trip grand rue bay view
Reviewed 26 August 2018

The only way to visit Mont Saint Michel is to stay in a hotel on the island. There is very little room on the island, get there in late afternoon and explore once the tour buses are gone. Stay overnight and get up for an early tour of the monastery. Loved the stay at this hotel, we stayed on the top floor. You can't beat the view, spectacular

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rmorgan88
Reviewed 13 August 2018

The staff here are clearly burned out from being in the hospitality business. When we arrived, the older gentleman acted as if he had no time to check us in, and it was not his job. When we finally found the person to check us in, she was kind and pleasant. The room had a beautiful view over the bay, and the location is perfect for using both the lower grand rue and the upper walkway to the Abbey that is less crowded. We stayed two nights. When we went to check out the next morning the only person I could find was an exhausted older woman who acted like she did not know what I was asking when I had my suitcase, and purse and room key and was saying, "check out." She just kept yelling a french word at me, and kept working. When I had gone up and down the stairs 3 times, saying, Bonjour, anyone, anyone.... then came back down and told her- well we are leaving here is your key, she finally, took the 20 seconds she needed to to walk me down the street 4ish doors, and pointed me into another hotel. The check out is about 4 doors down and no one told us upon checking in. I would not stay here again. look elsewhere....

Room Tip: Ask for a room with large windows to the bay
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JLynn14
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Lovely room with coffee and tea available. Breakfast can be delivered to your room. Good restaurant attached. Unbelievable views! I tipped one of the staff to carry my bag up and down the narrow, circular staircase. My suggestion is to pack light! No air conditioning, but there were cool, ocean breezes. Just loved this place!

Room Tip: High up is better for marvelous views -- but lots of stairs!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

It is worth the extra effort to spend the night on Mont Saint Michel itself. The crowds disappear and the whole experience changes. My room was clean and recently renovated.

Try to bring only what you will need for your actual stay. You will be climbing up and down several sets of spiral staircases, but it will be worth it in the end.

Staff is friendly and food service (dinner and breakfast) excellent.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank traveler11223
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I have wanted to stay on Mont St Michel for sooooo long and I was not disappointed . The island is a very magical place to stay, and the hotel lived up to my expectations, a lovely clean room, over looking the bay, amazing...I could lie in bed and see the bay and the sea - my ideal heaven!
We went for the half board, a very good call, the table we were reserved was in the window overlooking the bay (the same view from the bedroom) and the food (and service) was excellent.
Breakfast the next day was taken in a sister hotel, two doors down, but this was not a problem, and if you were checking out that day, you could leave your luggage there until you were ready to leave the island.
Very pleasant and kind staff in both establishments . Would stay here again without hesitation

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple