All reviews overlooked the courtyard scrambled eggs hotel courtyard first floor nice hotel book in advance bigger room tucked away secure parking side street one way system quiet location lovely room sat nav town centre large bathroom no air conditioning
Reviewed 21 September 2018

In terms of location, size of room, cleanliness and comfort, this hotel is quite adequate but it lets itself down by no wi fi in our suite, no safe, lack of toiletries and thread bare towels. We did not eat in the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the suites if wifi is important to you.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
SophieMaerten, Gérant at Najeti Hotel de L'Univers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thanks you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the wifi in our suite. The technician specialist wifi is over, it is now repaired.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

In a quiet backwater close to the impressive centre of this lively town one finds a courtyard hotel of considerable quality. Clean and very comfortable rooms are well supplied with the usual extras found in good hotels. It is also pet-friendly.
Reception was a little 'strange and they failed to inform us that a wedding was booked for our stay. However the noise subsided by 11 pm.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no major celebrations booked during your stay!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
SophieMaerten, Gérant at Najeti Hotel de L'Univers, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback on the location of the establishment in the city and on considering the hotel of high quality. We look forward to welcoming you for another stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel while attending a wedding. On arriving I first thought the hotel looked professional as their image seems to portray but after a few moments it is clear that they have a lot of work to do. Firstly, when we checked in the receptionist mentioned that breakfast was served between specific times as I'm accustomed to when I have paid for breakfast. I couldn't remember at the time if I had bought breakfast with the room but I was pretty sure I did as it is something I usually do. So given her choice of words I was pretty sure I did. Unfortunately when we checked out we were left with a horrible 100 euro bill that needed to be settled. Then when arriving in the room we found the charme room to be of a decent size and the bathroom was nice. However the bed looked like it was 10 years old already with how it sagged in the middle. They also advertised that there is a safe in the rooms but we found none in ours. Then the most infuriating part of the whole stay is that their hotel wifi is shocking, and i'm not exaggerating. If we wanted to get even one bar in our room we would have to sit at the desk in our room and couldn't use it on our bed. Frequent travellers should know how important decent wifi is when you're wanting to upload your photos and connect with the people back home. When I mentioned this to the receptionists they just said sorry it's weekend so they can't do anything about it, which I found to be a poor response for a professional hotel. They didn't even put in any effort to see how bad the issue was, or how we felt about it or try to move us to a room that had better signal. On checkout and the horrible surprise bill i received the receptionist was hardly friendly or helpful and rather cocky about the whole thing and couldn't accept that somewhere along the line a mistake could have been made (as I did make a bed type change after my initial booking). I couldn't even access the internet in order to try check what the booking entailed. Anyway, I won't be visiting this hotel or any of the others in the chain as a result and will not recommend this place to anyone else.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Overnight stop on our way back home. Finding the hotel was not easy as the lane was blocked with a metal barrier and no entry sign.
On our second attempt noticed a small hand written. Sign attached to the barrier that said except for access to hotel.
A film crew were using an adjacent building for for four days and given the right to restrict access. It is a shame the hotel did not think to email arriving guests to let them know!

We only stayed the one night and eat in the town.

The room was quite small but acceptable, except for the lighting!

The only lights were two bedside lights and one table light, all with low wattage bulbs. Very atmospheric but totally useless if you want to read.

I do wish hotel managers tried staying in there own rooms once in a while.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
SophieMaerten, Gérant at Najeti Hotel de L'Univers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
I am confused that you had trouble finding the hotel so you could visit our car park last week because of the filming of the movie next to the hotel.
The city had restrictions on parking and traffic in the streets that were imposed on us two days before the shooting of the film and which we had an obligation to follow. Only one access had been produced by the organization for the circulation of our hotel guests. We are sorry.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We had a beautiful room here. The location is excellent. Very central and walking distance to shops, La Petite Place (Place des Héros, La Grande Place. We passed through while visiting Vimy Ridge and the War Memorial, museum,...The town was a very pleasant surprise. One improvement this hotel could make would be to use regular height tables for the breakfast buffet food instead of high tables where one cannot reach ;most of the items. Seriously.

Room Tip: Suggest booking a parking space when you book your room. Otherwise, parking might be difficult in this downtown location.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SophieMaerten, Gérant at Najeti Hotel de L'Univers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
We wish you a happy holiday and look forward to seeing you again.