“Enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The service and ambience of the restaurant reminded us very much of the uk cafe rouge restaurants. The food was well presented and freshly made very enjoyable. The restaurant has an English menu and the staff are very friendly and put you at ease.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Ate here twice and the food was very good - most of us had the fish which was beautifully cooked. The Cafe Gourmand dessert was super value and delicious altho the coffee was exceptionally strong. Service was extremely friendly and would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We first visited this place 11 years ago and very much enjoyed. Back again and just as good. Excellent lunch time menu offering incredible value and imaginative selection of other dishes. Good choice of wine.

1  Thank sdmmb
Reviewed 5 May 2018

It was a place of opportunity as my cab back from the Armistice Museum dropped me off. It looked good so I entered. The staff were so smart and welcoming. I was seated and, no rush, was given a few moments to take the place in. It really had a very "French" style and would not have been out of place in Paris.

I ordered a fish dish, Haddock and a desert that sounded very nice - can't remember the name. My "British mind" interprets Haddock as one half of 'Fish and Chips' but as there was no mention of 'chips' in the menu I was willing to be surprised. I was!

I received the most beautifully prepared dish, a work of art, so to speak! Not a whopping big plate of fish etc., but a carefully placed and displayed combination of fish and vegetables that looked too good to eat! It was delicious. The dessert was absolutely fabulous and displayed as a dish worthy of exhibiting in the Pompidou Modern Art Centre.

I also enjoyed a glass of wine and ended with a coffee. My bill was 23€ which I felt was more than a fair price for the food and ambience.

1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 5 March 2018

This restaurant was an easy, low risk choice as we were staying at the Best Western next door. A cosy table for two and helpful staff to explain the menu. Enjoyed the waiter's recommendation on a suitable bottle of Beaujolais to pair with our food. We noted a varied clientele and friendly atmosphere. Good food and no bill shock.