All reviews old town car museum star hotel newer part new wing beds were very comfortable city centre hotel beds enormous double bed electric shutters excellent room breakfast and dinner secure parking parking lot short walk tour group spa bath
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Our family room exceeded our expectations. Both the bedroom and bathroom were a good size and we very comfortable, despite hot weather the A/C worked well. The hotel was easy to find by car and secure parking was a bonus, particularly as the hotel is in a slightly seedy end of town. It's only a 10 minute walk to the historic centre/market place (unless like us you get lost) but we felt very vulnerable walking through this part of town with our teenage daughters. Disappointed to find there wasn't a bar (as advertised) in Hotel although I understand the receptionist will get you a drink if you ask. There was a good range of tasty items for breakfast though it was busy with a coach party when we stayed. If you are looking for a good value and comfy hotel in Mulhouse I'd recommend this one. I can't recommend Mulhouse though.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank SonofFred
Reviewed 20 August 2018

this place is a disorganised dump! we visited in july and upon arrival the receptionist claimed she didn't have any record of our booking, even though it was already paid for. seemingly annoyed she just grabbed a key and gave it to us. ok fine, we went up happy to settle in our double room. haha no way, we found a room the size of a closet with just one bed and a minuscule bathroom. the bed didn't even have a quilt cover! it was obvious that this room was not meant to be given to guests. i immediately went down to complain and the room was eventually changed to an even more miserable one. the irony is tha some people in our group had large rooms with jacuzzis and all! we had a mouldy cabinet made of chip board in our bathroom. let us go to dinner now, it is not a buffet, they just dump a plate in front of you and you have to eat it. like it or not. gross. apart from that dinner service started at 8 and we never left the table before 10! a whole two hours waiting for sad plates to make it to the table. the breakfast was equally poor though s buffet was offered.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I was really impressed by that place. First the parking is so safe, there is a huge gate to go in who opens only to guest and once in the cars are not visible from the road. So not worries about your car. The welcome a the reception was really nice and we got upgraded without even asking ! The rooms (we had 2) we spacious for France, very clean, and comfy . I just missed having some hooks in the bathroom to hang up some clothes. The breakfast was plenty and absolutely delicious.
And even our room had a view on the main street ( which gets very busy)I did not hear any noise coming from the outside.
The place is a 3 stars but better than some of the 5stars I stayed in the past. And the price is amazing for the quality. I hope next time I am around I can stay at the Bristol again !

1  Thank lifelight
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is sweet with a classic look. We have been there for 6 nights and with continental breakfast and dinner. The portions served in the dinner are ok unless you are very hungry or eat too much.

The complainant I have is that the aircondition went bust on the 2nd day. I reported it and was told that it needed a replacement and was being done the next day. However this did not materialise, not even the day after.....!!
Ended up sleeping with windows open and spent sleepless night due to noise coming in from outside..... tram passing just oposite the hotel starting approx 5.30 a.m. apart from the celebrations by the French during the World Cup.. Well done France and thank you for the sleepless nights.

We were not offered a fan. Astonishingly the airconditon started to work on the morning we were leaving!! No one knocked the door during the night!! how did this happen. Seems miracles happen during the night at this hotel, perhaps the technician showed up during the night!! Lol..

Having said this the service was always with a smile by the staff.

Apart from the ac the stay was ok but due to this disappointment I gave a poor score due to not a good customer care service since the problem remained for 5 whole weekdays.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

This hotel has reasonable central location and the staff were friendly and helpful. It was good value for money. The underground carpark has tight enterance so would recommend the above ground carpark. The room was small but comfortable. Mulhouse has an attractive city centre with many bars and restaurants.

Wifi worked well.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple