All reviews hotel beach takes about minutes tea and coffee nice hotel croissants sea view rocks furniture balcony bay french fridge
Reviewed 11 August 2017

When we arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night, I was initially disappointed to see the it wasn't near the town center. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk to the main street in Propriano. BUT all my concerns disappeared when I went to the little beach beneath the hotel - it is perfection! The hotel's beach is hidden away below the hotel so it's quiet, clean, and beautiful! You can see the port and the greenery across the harbor but you feel very private. It's a fine, rocky sand at the beach, which I prefer. We were able to borrow an umbrella from reception and stay on this beach all day long.
Right above the sand is a little cafe/restaurant which serves decent food and drinks. It was nice that we didn't need to pack up all of our stuff to go and have lunch. The staff were very friendly and could communicate in English and Italian as well.
The rooms at the hotel are very, very basic. The bathroom was very small and the furniture was a bit old but overall, everything was clean and usable. No major issues since we didn't spend much time in the room anyway...
I'd recommend this hotel if you want to spend as much time at the beach as possible. I prefer to have the beach at my feet and have a nice walk into town for dinner once the weather has cooled down a bit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2016

This was our 4th stay here and the attraction has always been the great view from the room. We have been prepared to accept the very basic room standard and frugal breakfast just for this view. However the hotel is now cutting costs further by not providing a room with a properly functioning WC. During our 7 days stay they had to call out a plumber on 3 occasions and at times we had to use the WC in the bar and also use bottles of water to flush.
The manager was not apologetic and gave the impression that she did not value our repeat business. As a result, we will oblige by not using this hotel again. When a hotel seems to regard the provision of a functioning WC as an optional extra, I think they have lost the plot.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, only rooms with good views.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 23 November 2015

We whooped with joy as we opened the door to our family room. Wow! The full size sliding doors on to a small balcony was filled with the ocean view. The room itself is pretty ordinary, as is the rest of the hotel, but with a view like this, who really cares? The second surprise, the really magical part to this place is that it has it's own private sandy beach. A small cove of crystal clear water with rocks on either side just made for leaping from into the beautiful waters. Now for the third and final bonus. The private beach has its own bar and restaurant. And the food at the restaurant is fantastic! I have to say this is the best location around Propriano. As I mentioned, the rooms are less than stellar (but not terrible by any stretch), but the location seriously makes up for any shortcomings. Oh, it isn't too expensive either! The only real problem would be if you didn't have a car as it is around 4km out of Propriano itself. A bit of a hike.

Room Tip: The restaurant serves great food.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank sardoy01
Reviewed 26 September 2015

Nice hotel with great views, no good if you want a beer (or coffee) before 6.00pm when the bar opens. Seems it does not do evening meals and is a fair walk from the nearest restaurant (one) town centre is a 30 minute walk away (all uphill on the way back). Taxis are very difficult to find and expensive when you do. Breakfast was very basic and limited. Stayed with a group (MSL Tours) so can't comment on room price.
I think the owners need some young blood to revamp the place.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank keithhd888
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Super over-priced hotel, the most expensive we ever stayed in [$170/night] and it was missing so many of the details we found at Chez Charles in nearby [no lotion, no kleenex,no pool, breakfast had no eggs and only had yogurt when I asked for it, minimal meat and bread,etc]. The good news is that there is a long walk to a wonderful small, sandy beach that our service dog loved.

Stayed: June 2015