Ways to Experience Scafell Pike Mountain
from US$19.65
from US$62.88
from US$62.88
More Info
All reviews amazing views lake district great walk highest peak my partner your feet worth the effort the pub long walk stepping stones good luck year old daughter half mile free parking wasdale head car park corridor route
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I had climbed the 2 other peaks of the 3 Peaks Challenge and Scafell Pike remained so I trekked up it on my 61st birthday. It was TOUGH. The terrain is varied: watery gullies, bogs, stones of all sizes, boulders, ravines and scree. All underfoot seemed precarious. Thank God for my expensive Meindl boots - didn't let me down. They stuck like magnets to the slippery rocks. Be mindful though, in the Seathwaite route there is scrambling involved and you need to have a decent head for heights and a deep belief to negotiate a couple of these. We used the Lake District Walker and their guide, Sam Marsland, was superb: very knowledgeable and calm. I needed him to be or else I would not have made it up.
This is definitely NOT a walk, it is a trek and a pretty challenging one at that so please be prepared with good kit, solid mindset and use a guide because the paths are definitely not clear. The final push up to the summit is all rock and pretty steep it is too. You may need to get down on your bottoms to negotiate some parts on the way down.
All said, it was definitely worth it and the best of the 3 Peaks.

1  Thank DeeTraveller
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This was a great hill on a lovely day. We all had a lovely walk it was great. Six hours on the hill it was very busy and most people were having fun. The view was brilliant and you could not ask for a nicer day. Tea and a sandwich and a wee biscuit. As most people will know we are from Scotland and we will be back. Lovely people on the hill and most of them had a chat with you.

1  Thank robertmZ5504AR
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We have climbed Scafell Pike several times (unlike the person I met once who climbed it weekly) and each time the conditions were different.
You need to be properly equipped and have some rations otherwise you could like many others end up featured on the MR web site.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank 938fjg
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Great walk . Hard but well worth it .Views to die for . Just make sure you have good foot ware and take a warm top when get to top

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Wear proper walking boots/shoes & take something to eat at the top...& plenty of water. Allow about 8hrs to allow for stops to admire views & a pint when back down. You don't need to be incredibly fit but the fitter you are the less time needed!

1  Thank Adventurers2018