“Beautiful Views”

US$62.89*
and up
High Adventure Day Tour from Keswick
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The tallest mountain in England... as the name would suggest, this is a challenge. We climbed Scafell Pike from Wasdale Head and went up via Mickledore. This route is very steep towards the end and the top has challenging terrain to deal with. This terrain continued at the start of our decent via Great End and Sprinkling Tarn.

This is a popular mountain and we passed numerous people on charity events, it is crowded at the top, so I recommend setting off early.

All in all, this is a challenge but the views are so worth it from the top. If the weather is poor, I would only recommend experienced walkers to attempt.

1  Thank Gareth P
"ben nevis"
in 18 reviews
"walking poles"
in 16 reviews
"national trust car park"
in 27 reviews
in 6 reviews
"mountain climb"
"challenging hike"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had climbed the 2 other peaks of the 3 Peaks Challenge and Scafell Pike remained so I trekked up it on my 61st birthday. It was TOUGH. The terrain is varied: watery gullies, bogs, stones of all sizes, boulders, ravines and scree. All underfoot seemed precarious. Thank God for my expensive Meindl boots - didn't let me down. They stuck like magnets to the slippery rocks. Be mindful though, in the Seathwaite route there is scrambling involved and you need to have a decent head for heights and a deep belief to negotiate a couple of these. We used the Lake District Walker and their guide, Sam Marsland, was superb: very knowledgeable and calm. I needed him to be or else I would not have made it up.
This is definitely NOT a walk, it is a trek and a pretty challenging one at that so please be prepared with good kit, solid mindset and use a guide because the paths are definitely not clear. The final push up to the summit is all rock and pretty steep it is too. You may need to get down on your bottoms to negotiate some parts on the way down.
All said, it was definitely worth it and the best of the 3 Peaks.

1  Thank DeeTraveller
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great hill on a lovely day. We all had a lovely walk it was great. Six hours on the hill it was very busy and most people were having fun. The view was brilliant and you could not ask for a nicer day. Tea and a sandwich and a wee biscuit. As most people will know we are from Scotland and we will be back. Lovely people on the hill and most of them had a chat with you.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have climbed Scafell Pike several times (unlike the person I met once who climbed it weekly) and each time the conditions were different.
You need to be properly equipped and have some rations otherwise you could like many others end up featured on the MR web site.

2  Thank 938fjg