“Awful service and food ”
Review of Bar Centrale

Bar Centrale
Ranked #56 of 82 Restaurants in Sulmona
Cuisines: Pub
Description: sandwich,Salad and sky service tv
Description: sandwich,Salad and sky service tv
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Wanted to to have a drink and light meal for dinner. Even if it was quite and I was the only customer, I had to wait at the reception for long to make my order. Waiters seem tired and annoyed to serve. I order a cold dish... prosciutto, salami and mozzarella mixed plate.

Prosciutto was sliced so thick that I couldn't cut it with the disposable plastic knife and fork they gave me ( disposable plastics knife and fork!!, what kind of restaurant and bar give that??)
Over priced and unappetizing.

There are other bars and restaurants around which I checked the next day and give by far the best service than this.

1  Thank Mickias M

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Reviews seem to be pretty mixed for this one - I was there twice (both for the people watching and because they have great light for reading (important when you're traveling alone!). Fair enough the service is a bit abrupt if you don't speak Italian (but then I sound a bit abrupt given my rubbish Italian!) but the aperitivo was fine (4euro now). The nibbles varied night to night as I'd expect and the local coming and going was a good indication of an established business and added to the buzz (even the police dropped in) so let's focus on why we drop in (to enjoy the buzz) - nothing wrong with the place and I bet it's nice and cosy in cold weather

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for a quick Aperitivo while checking out the music festival. The service was extremely slow and very unfriendly. Finally I went inside to ask for our check and the waitress told me 7 euros, but then when I went to check out the other woman tried to charge me 10.50 Euros for drinks we didn't order, when I told her we only had two small beers she said yeah same price. Bad experience and rude staff!

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

This has to be, as others have noted, the best spot in Sulmona for people-watching and the entertainment comes for free.
Early evening sat outside with a glass of wine or beer (beer is more expensive than the wine) was prime time. The wine was good value at €3 a glass and came with a small snack plate of sandwiches, pizzette or similar.
We spent more than one evening on our visit sitting, drinking and soaking up the vibrant atmosphere of this beautiful town.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

It is also a "locals" place...best is sitting outside, ordering a prosecco which comes with a small plate with bites of food. The owners are friendly, hardworking. i was introduced to the place by the mother, also a hardworking flower shop owner just across from Ristorante I vecchio muro....I recommend a visit to her shop.