“Homemade Italian Food Served with a Smile”
Review of Cuore & Sapore

Cuore & Sapore
Ranked #1 of 185 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We stumbled upon this family run restaurant in Speleto while spending a week in Umbria. The owner Francesca greeted us with a smile and was enthusiastic about her homemade food. I was especially impressed that they had a gluten free menu with home made gnocchi, among other things. I had the gnocchi with a delicious lamb ragu that was outstanding. I started with a gluten free polenta served with a meat ragu and cheese sauce. Others without the gluten allergy enjoyed a plate of six appetizers, all beautifully presented and I'm told were very delicious. I hope to go back some day.

1  Thank Margaret R

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Having read reviews on here we decided to seek it out for lunch. What a wonderful place. The service was warm and friendly. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Everything, bread, pasta, veg is home made/home grown. The amuse bouche offer from the chef was awesome and would be great as a starter! The proprietor was so lovely and we felt like friends by the time we left. I wish we were staying in Spoleto so we could eat here again and again.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

In a country dedicated to FOOD, this place is at the top of the chart. Just incredible HOMEMADE food....my husband said his bread stuffed ravioli was the best ravioli he has ever had.....truffled pasta....and a frozen dessert that looked like a good dessert but nothing special, but just blew us away with deliciousness. Seek this restaurant out. It is the BEST Spoleto AND Umbria has to offer....just lovely.

1  Thank lilacgirl41
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We traveled to Spoleta today and stopped for lunch at this fabulous restaurant. When we arrived, we could see Francesca in the kitchen making homemade pasta noodles. We quickly learned that her and her husband, Fabio, own the restaurant. Their creations are magnificent!
Prior to our meal, Francesca brought out a little taste from the chef - a slice of prosciutto wrapped with Gorgonzola and mascarpone cheese inside - super great!
My husband ordered the soup of the day for an appetizer - a lentil, rice delight. I had the pasta with red sauce and chile pepper - best flavor and not too spicy. My husband ordered the tagliatelle with boar sauce - yes! We decided to pass on dessert - so Francesca brought out a small heart tin filled with homemade cookies - wow!
We then got a pic of all of us together and got to personally thank them for this wonderful meal.

Our only regret was that we were traveling to another location and we couldn’t have dinner there, too.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

It's hard to find a bad dinner in Spoleto, but this place is special. Most Spoleto restaurants we ate in focussed on traditional local cooking. Cuore respects those traditions while venturing into other influences as well. The food is superb, the attention from the owners helpful and friendly. It's a bit more expensive than most, but worth it for a special evening.