“Stunningly good food”

Price range: US$25 - US$85
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Arguably the best meal we ate in Italy - amongst very many excellent meals. Quite the best spaghetti carbonara I've ever had, and the best stuffed guinea fowl. Wonderful ambiance, and great service.

3  Thank CroatiaGuide-writer
Write a ReviewReviews (2,367)

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Went here with a group. Gorgeous place, lovely staff. Enjoyed an Aperol spritz which I was shocked to find out cost only 2.5 euros, what a steal!! Started with a lovely antipasto trio. Then we had a choice of the local pasta Stringotti? with a spicy tomato sauce or risotto with asparagus. Our group leader mentioned that risotto was on our dinner menu so we all chose the pasta except one person. Pasta was amazing but so was the risotto. The chef actually made a bowl of risotto so the rest of us could have some. It was AMAZING. Then the next course was either a guinea fowl roulade or pork. Most opted for the poultry. Beautifully presented but, there's no other way to put it, inside it was raw. Everyone was most apologetic and they offered to recook it but honestly everyone was pretty turned off by then. gain, I can't say enough good things about the ambiance, service and the other food we ate. I would recommend this place and go back as I think perhaps it was just a one off with the chicken.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

My wife and I shared the Umbrian Lunch as neither of us thought we could eat a whole one. We were right. The food was delicious, and how any one person could have eaten all the food that we were served I just don't know. It was easily the best value lunch we had during our week in Italy and all of the dishes were of the very best quality. We were recommended to eat here by our host from Agriturismo Casale Fusco, and it was a great recommendation.

3  Thank Norman E
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Tempio del Gusto offered us the best meal we got on our Easter holiday in central Italy. It was just unbelievable! First a small appetizer and bread served in a small pan. Then a lovely Umbrian soup and a cod dish with pumpkin which was to die for. For dessert: berries who I dipped in hot chocolate! And of course a good red wine and at the end their own limoncello. All the dishes were brilliant, the waitresses were utterly professional, but friendly and not stiff and the interior was beautiful down to the smallest detail. Spoleto is an interesting town, but this restaurant alone would be a good reason for visiting Spoleto!

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank Looking_for_charme
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Absolutely delicious food, beautifully presented, so many unexpected extra morsels to delight the eye and taste buds - including a complimentary risotto for my husband when I chose the set menu and his menu choice had a course less than mine! All the staff were brilliant - incredible value and highly recommended. On our list for our return visit to Spoleto - recommend booking so you’re not disappointed!

Date of visit: March 2018