“Good Food off the Tourist Beat”

Ristorante Pizzeria Il Pendolo
Ranked #32 of 65 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were staying at an Airbnb not far north from the Sant Agnello train station and our host recommended this place. We went on a Friday evening after an all day Amalfi Coast tour and it was a relaxing outdoor environment, good food (lot of choice beyond pizza) at a reasonable cost. I think we were the only "tourists" in the place - they had one lady server who spoke English and she was very attentive. It was mid October so the locals were dressed like it was cold (which it wasn't) and we were in shorts/golf shirt and a summer dress attire.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

This restaurant serves good food at very reasonable prices, but the staff have a habit of chatting to customers they know and ignoring visitors.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I and of one my pals met with my Italian friends Carla and her son Lorenzo for dinner. Carla took us to Il Pendolo, what a fabulous place. We sat outside in their garden and so many people who know each other eating there - you can tell were regular to this fantastic restaurant.

We had pizza to start (sharing) and then I had spaghetti amatriciana which is my favourite pasta dish and I’ve never seen on an English Italian menu at home so to see this I had to order that. It was beautiful, the tomato sauce incredible and a lot of ham.

The portion size were quite large and after three quarters I was full, however I’m afraid to say I ate the lot as it was so delicious!

One of my friends had the same as me , one a salad mozzarella olives and Lorenzo had pasta with aubergine and sausage both of which looked delicious too!

I wish I had a restaurant like this near me at home, but then maybe it’s a good thing I don’t as I would then definitely need to join a gym!

I’ve attached photos but food photos never do it justice

The staff wonderful and friendly.

I hope I have the opportunity to visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our first night as it was just along the street from where we were staying and had been recommended to us by the staff at the hotel.

The food was excellent, fresh, well cooked and well presented. The service and atmosphere were both good too. The restaurant is clearly popular with local residents too-which is always a good sign.

I would definitely recommend Il Pendolo.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We visited for lunch and upon sitting down we were told that the Pizzeria had in fact no pizza. So we ordered pasta dishes. They took 45 minutes to arrive and we were clearly not the only people on the wrong end of the service.

The food was actually fairly reasonable.

When I asked for the bill at the end it was dropped on the table by a waiter who looked away.

Have to say not representative of the area generally, but a poor experience.