“Food OK, but let down by the service”

Ristorante Pizzeria Il Pendolo
Ranked #32 of 65 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This restaurant serves good food at very reasonable prices, but the staff have a habit of chatting to customers they know and ignoring visitors.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I and of one my pals met with my Italian friends Carla and her son Lorenzo for dinner. Carla took us to Il Pendolo, what a fabulous place. We sat outside in their garden and so many people who know each other eating there - you can tell were regular to this fantastic restaurant.

We had pizza to start (sharing) and then I had spaghetti amatriciana which is my favourite pasta dish and I’ve never seen on an English Italian menu at home so to see this I had to order that. It was beautiful, the tomato sauce incredible and a lot of ham.

The portion size were quite large and after three quarters I was full, however I’m afraid to say I ate the lot as it was so delicious!

One of my friends had the same as me , one a salad mozzarella olives and Lorenzo had pasta with aubergine and sausage both of which looked delicious too!

I wish I had a restaurant like this near me at home, but then maybe it’s a good thing I don’t as I would then definitely need to join a gym!

I’ve attached photos but food photos never do it justice

The staff wonderful and friendly.

I hope I have the opportunity to visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our first night as it was just along the street from where we were staying and had been recommended to us by the staff at the hotel.

The food was excellent, fresh, well cooked and well presented. The service and atmosphere were both good too. The restaurant is clearly popular with local residents too-which is always a good sign.

I would definitely recommend Il Pendolo.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We visited for lunch and upon sitting down we were told that the Pizzeria had in fact no pizza. So we ordered pasta dishes. They took 45 minutes to arrive and we were clearly not the only people on the wrong end of the service.

The food was actually fairly reasonable.

When I asked for the bill at the end it was dropped on the table by a waiter who looked away.

Have to say not representative of the area generally, but a poor experience.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here on the recommendation of the reception of the accommodation we were staying at next door.
From the start it was obvious the staff were uninterested & unguided. After sitting for 20mins I asked if we could order drinks only to be told in English the waiter didn’t speak English so we’d have to wait. (The old international tradition of pointing at the menu & Coca Cola have served us well in most other countries of the world but apparently not at this place) alas we had to wait another 10mins until the obviously more experienced waitress got round to us.
The food was quite nice but the atmosphere was chaotic! Children seemed to mill about from the kitchen/bar, the lights were bright & the staff generally stood at the bar obviously talking about the diners but taking no interest in actually waiting on the tables.
I’d have had another wine if anyone could be bothered to ask! The staff were definitely more interested in the Italian groups & were 2/3 staff deep around their tables but paid little interest in us.
A man who seemed to be in charged sat at the bar glaring at diners & barking Italian at the staff. When my husband went to pay he didn’t say a single word to him?!?
World not return or recommend to an English visitor.