See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2016

We were in Roccaraso in the Summer which I imagine is very different from being there in the Winter. This is a pretty hotel but was very quiet out of season (and a little hard to find as not in the main town). Room very comfortable with everything we needed for one night. And the welcome was warm and friendly. We ate in the Garni Ostensia hotel right across the road (no restaurant in the Astoria) which was lovely too. And the next morning the breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Boiled eggs were particularly welcome - I usually find the Italian breakfasts a little sparse! Great value place to stay in a beautiful part of Italy.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

We were looking forward to stay in this hotel based on the pictures we saw on the website. When we have arrived we were pleasantly surprised by what we saw. Everything seemed like the website. However during the night we found out that you can literally everything from next room, Internet wifi connection was extremely slow which is almost non exist. During the night the reception area is completely locked down and there is not hotel staff. In the morning, the receptionist lady was extremely unfriendly and not willing to be understanding at all. We sure will not be back here again.
S.O.T.B.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gianfranco B, Proprietario at Garni Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2015

I regret to read about your partly negative experience. I am running a Hotel Garni with 12 rooms, which means that I can not affort night shift staff in order to keep rates competitive. However, I am the owner of this Garni and I live right next door, so I am available 24h/24 for any assistance. My mobile number is advised on the front and back door of the hotel and all incoming calls on our switchboard are automatically transferred to my cell phone.
I am sorry to learn that the waitress, who unfortunately does not speak English, did not make you feel welcome. I have already changed breakfast and room division staff for the coming season. Please accept my apologies and best regards.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband stayed at the Garni Astoria in July. We had such a good stay that we made a second trip in Aug.
Basically Roccaraso is about 2 hours by car from Rome. Beautiful place and lots and lots of beautiful place to see. This regione is known for having the most beautiful " Borgo" old mediaval town in Italy and believe me it is true. Lots of mountains and beautiful parks for hikking. Consider that it has everything to offer like to Tuscany or Umbria but at half the price.
The hotel is brand new. Super clean and beautifully furnished. The best part is the private spa. Entry to the spa is limited to one room at a time. So you actually have the Whole spa area to yourself.
Breakfast was decent with sweet cakes and cold cuts. So no complaints.
The lady at the reception was super friendly and was giving us tips of places to visit and restaurants.
Overall a really good hotel.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed a weekend at this cozy, very clean, and wonderful small hotel. The staff were very helpful, and kind and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. I would return again in a heartbeat. Good value for money.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2012

wonderful place! We stayed 2 days at the Astoria. The place is gorgeous and cosy, and very close to the main attractions of the area. Roccaraso is beautiful, like something from a fairytale :). The room was very clean and stylish. The bathroom was amazing! The hotel is even provided of a hot hub/sauna/shower room that you need to book. (it costs you 20euro for person). The hotel is very easy to found.

Date of stay: December 2012