1,996 results
All reviews pool party bike hotel de rosa bikes marina's country next year cycling holiday glamour room paella glass of prosecco cycling guides bike clothes new friends great cycling every guest thought of everything wellness centre great food
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We chose this hotel for the guided bike rides, at least five rides each day to include every level of cyclist. The food was amazing, breakfast, cyclists' afternoon buffet and evening meal with wine included. The hotel has extras included eg pasta lesson, italian lesson, lovely spa. The hotel staff were amazing too. And the rides were very scenic, often to spectacular locations for coffee stop. A great alternative to the usual cyclists' destination of Mallorca

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annapho2graphy
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Another amazing cycling holiday at the Belvedere. This is my second visit. First was seven years ago. I took seven year hiatus to travel and ride in other countries. Nothing compares to the quality and comfort that the Belvedere provides. The rooms are simple but very comfortable. The staff treats you like royalty. The food is exquisite, this is very important when you are burning many calories climbing big hills. The Spa is luxurious, well used by riders with tired legs. What makes the Belvedere a great bike holiday is the many optional rides available to cyclists. Advanced riders will be challenged, intermediate riders will get stronger, and beginner riders will climb hills they never thought they could do. This is because the guides are super supportive, fun, inspiring and even change a flat when you are dead tired.
One week is not long enough. I will be back again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank michieb2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Before I visited I was skeptical that a mid sized hotel in Italy could really be the best hotel in the world as voted by fellow travellers via this very website.

After a week here I now know I was wrong.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CycleGuy
Reviewed 28 April 2018

What is more awesome than going on a cycling trip where you have friendly and knowledgeable guides, you ride top of the line road bikes, you're in Italy and your cycling gear is washed for you every night? Not much, I say. Not much. All other 5 star comments are 100% accurate. The Hotel Belvedere is an unforgettable experience and highly recommended for the novice to experienced cyclist. There is a daily cycling tour for everyone. The most complex decision you have to make is, "What ride should I do today?" Everything else is organized and ready for your complete indulgence. Thank you to Marina and her incredible staff for an amazing holiday.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

This is the sixth time I've been to the Hotel Belvedere, and as always it was a fantastic experience. It's not for nothing that the hotel has consistently been at the top of the rankings on this site. It really is excellent.

We were out in Italy with readers of our website, road.cc. We've run the week for a number of years and it's always a great experience. The hotel itself is well placed for a variety of interesting and challenging cycling. The facilities are first rate: April's a little early for much outdoor pool time but I made good use of the spa and wellness centre, which is very well equipped to revive weary cyclists.

One of the best things about the Hotel Belvedere is the food. There's a huge variety of locally-sourced produce, and a different theme every night. Table wine is included with the evening meal, and there's a varied buffet breakfast and a cyclist's buffet from about 2pm for when you get back from riding. It's all top quality, and I've never in all the years I've stayed at the hotel felt like going out for a meal. There's a barbecue at Marina's country house most weeks, and also trips to local farms, wineries and other producers. We visited the Agriclola Muretti in Osteria Nuova and the Porta di Sotto in Mondaino to sample their famous pit cheese. Both were excellent.

The hotel has a huge fleet of mind- to high-end De Rosa hire bikes that are kept in perfect working order by mechanic Claudio. I don't generally feel the need to take my own bike as the hotel fleet is so good. There's up to five guided rides a day and the guides are friendly, knowledgable and helpful. Whatever level you're cycling at there's a ride you can enjoy.

Overall staying at the Belvedere is a near-perfect experience. The hotel has a family feel to it but it's also very professionally run, and everything it thought of. It may seem reasonably expensive, but a few coffees on rides and a few beers at the bar are really all you ever end up spending money on while you're out there. I've taken several groups to the hotel, including my family and a big group of friends, and I've never had anything but good feedback. It's great.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business