“Most beautiful views the perfect place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
From Entrance View Terrace private
Kitchen
Kitchen View
Exterior
Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Ahel47
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Most beautiful views the perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Having stayed in Minori last year we were looking to stay a little further out of the village and this place looked perfect and we were not disappointed. The terrace provided the ideal spot to sunbathe as it had sun all day long. If you wanted to enjoy the outdoor without the sun shady areas were available and when you needed to cool down there was the outdoor shower. It is not possible to overstate how beautiful the views from the terrace are. We really enjoyed our time here as it was so relaxing. The walk down to Minori along the road was a little daunting at first but we soon got used to it. I would say that the cottage is just that a cottage and therefore compact.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor terrace.
Liked least: The small indoor shower and that some minor maintenance was needed.
Your age range 50-64
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Marilyn F
Australia
“Beautiful, but do not recommend for solo females”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

It has taken me a long time to decide to post this rating as I have been in two minds. I then realised that the whole reason for Tripadvisor is to tell the negative as well as the positive.
The cottage views are stunning and the assistance from Anna before I arrived was absolutely fantastic. The cottage did not disappoint with absolutely amazing views overlooking the beautiful Amalfi Coast. It is situated about 8 minutes walk from Minori and for a solo traveller is quite isolated. I had no neighbours around which initially was not a problem. Before renting this apartment I had read all the recommendations on tripadvisor and was pleased with what I read and the support that was offered by the gentleman employed by Anna. Unfortunately I found a quite different experience. Yes he was extremely helpful however was more than friendly and amorous and did not take the word 'no'. It took me some time to get him to leave the apartment. Quite frightening when staying in an isolated position. So I feel it is my duty to let people know that whilst I would highly recommend this accommodation for couples, I would not for a single female traveller. (This means that my ratings are only to fill the required spot.)

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Garth140
Melbourne, Australia
“Quintessential amalfi”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Extraordinary house clinging to cliff above the sea with large garden terrace. Very little incentive to leave since this is the Amalfi experience. Minori is a few minutes walk away with good restaurants. We had a car but would recommend using the SITA buses to travel around - its quicker and more relaxing and very cheap. We drove to Pompeii, but the SITA would have been better.
Franco organised a boat trip to Capri which we were unable to book ourselves, and transfers to Salerno: he provided an unexpected and delightful concierge service.

Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Zingers
“You decide”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

If, like us you want perfect location, perfect view and this all what matters- come here. BUT remember, the maintanence is poor, the WI FI is not working, the water flow in the shower is poor and there is some nose from the road. We hope the housekeeping will improve and we come back

Liked best: Location and view
Liked least: No wifi, no flow in shower tini TV
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31footpri...
Sydney, Australia
“Little gem perched above the sparkling Meditteranean”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

Our six days in "La Clarissa" was the high point of our 2 month stay in Italy. We chose "La Clarissa" based on the reviews and on our previous experience staying in one of the other Gambadella holiday rentals in the area. When Mr Franco showed us into this lovely cottage we were certainly not disappointed. The place was very clean, the bathrooms sparkling, all furnishing new and comfortable, as was the bed, while the decoration was charming and in keeping with the seaside theme. Although in the photos the spiral steps into the living area had appeared somewhat steep I had no difficulty at all in negotiating them to go down into the lower living area - and I am an "older traveller" in my sixties. We also appreciated the spacious storage facilities in the bedroom - we could hang everything we wanted to in the cupboard and there were plenty of shelves to put our clothes on as well.

The icing on the cake, however, was that extraordinary terrace overlooking the rocks and the sea, with the circling of the seagulls below. In the mornings we watched fascinated as the small fishing boats below the cottage were preparing to return home. And it was always a delight for us to return "home" to La Clarissa in order to have our meals on the terrace and then just sit there viewing the different colours of the Mediterranean and the sky and just take in the panoramic view that stretched towards Amalfi in one direction and down towards Salerno in the opposite direction.

I also found the location of the cottage to be relatively quiet, in spite of being just below the main coastal road. I am a light sleeper, however I found no difficulty in sleeping soundly. It was only on the Saturday night that I did notice a slight increase in the usually very light, night-time traffic.

We had no use of a car while at La Clarissa, but found the SITA buses (a stop is very handy close to the front door) more than adequate. On most occasions, however, we were happy to walk along the side of the road down to Minori, which took us about 8 minutes or less.

I do highly recommend this little gem to other travelers. I do hope we ourselves will be able to return again, but for a lot longer stay the next time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was all remarkable.
Liked least: Leaving after only 6 nights.
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$94
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing