All reviews roof terrace nice hotel noise cycle beaches cagliari
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We were immediately charmed upon entering this lovely boutique hotel and were very warmly received. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and well appointed. Roomy shower. The church bells from across the way added to the village atmosphere. WiFi reception only in the public spaces, but nice areas are available for this purpose. We were entirely satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
VillaMadauReception, Front Office Manager at Villa Madau, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear Mrs Marie,

we really thank you for your review.

If you come back in Pula we will be surely happy to have you again as our guests!

Best regards,
VillaMadauHotel

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel in the lovely town of Pula was the perfect spot to arrive after our cycle from Cabras. We were warmly welcomed by Simone who looked after us very well. A comfortable room with a lovely view of the piazza and an excellent meal in the restaurant. Our best night in Sardegna!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
VillaMadauReception, Responsabile reception at Villa Madau, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Mrs,

we thank you for your awesome review.
It's a very big pleasure reading about your lovely stay in our Hotel.

We hope to see you again!

Best regards,

Villa Madau Hotel

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Pula was the last night of an 11 day bike ride... so I was tired and very happy to be alive. I arrived at the hotel and the music was blaring... progressive jazz (which I hate) and there were a few people sitting around (owner?) clearly more into the jazz than their guests happiness.

Imagine my horror when I got to my room... which was Bohemian but big and very clean.... and there were SPEAKERS on my deck, blaring jazz music full tilt. The cafe was below my balcony and I envisioned a long, loud night. (It is also across from the church that amped up their bells likely to compete with the jazz... ugh.)

I went downstairs to try and change rooms and there were no options.... AND the owner made some wisecrack about how loud it would be later. I seriously considered trying to snip the wires to the speakers but opted for guzzling a ton of local red and falling in to a deep, well deserved sleep.

This hotel made me feel like a whiney little ol' lady.... which I am not. I would not recommend this place, despite how cute it appears to be.

The owner needs to respect the fact that people like to sleep, even if he doesn't.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, ask to be far away from the speakers... if that's possible? or stay somewhere less "hip".
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank wanderingbark
Peterjohnn, Direttore at Villa Madau, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Madame,
we are really sorry for what happened.
We would like to mean that our music is fit for the hotel location, but you should come to our reception so we could knew your problem and we could changed our playlist or we could put off the music from the speakers on the upper floor.
Thank you anyway.
Best Regards,
Rossana Manca
Manager of Villa Madau Hotel

Gentissma Signora,
Ci spiace tanto per l'accaduto.
Le significhiamo,che la scelta della nostra musica è in tono con la location del nostro hotel,ma se Lei si fosse rivolta alla nostra reception avremo provveduto subito a modificare la nostra play list oppure ad escludere completamente, la musica dalle casse.
Le giungano comunque i nostri ringraziamenti.
Un cordiale saluto
Rossana Manca responsabile Hotel Villa Madau

Reviewed 1 July 2015

A charming boutique hotel in the centre of a pretty town. Very helpful and friendly staff. Rooms are great. Comfortable bed and efficient air conditioning. Ate out so can't comment on food quality. Breakfast very average. Loved it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank DougWilliams
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Lovely hotel , very helpful friendly staff - particularly 'Nic' who provided a lot of information about the local area etc.
comfortable rooms
Only down side was poor breakfast each morning - old, tired fruit and stale pastries.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends