1,107 results
All reviews champagne bar oyster bar amalfi coast our honeymoon best hotels in the world beautiful hotel hotel boat michelin star restaurant best hotel we have ever stayed boat trip sea view san pietro pool area is impeccable service luxury hotel the entire hotel room number
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

It was suggested we come to Le Serinuse for the view & a drink. As we enetered we were ignored by staff, then waited at the front desk before being attended by a rude women. This experience put us off & we didn't bother getting a drink there. We don't pay for bad service.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Antonio S, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Maya L, please accept our apologies for the rude service you experienced. We more than understand your feelings. We are very sorry the experience put you off joining us for a drink and we hope you will give us a second chance one day so that we can provide you with a lovely experience.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

My husband and I decided to stay at Le Sirenuse for the last two nights of our 3-week honeymoon. Prior to Le Sirenuse, we had stayed at Covo dei Saraceni in Positano for 3 nights.

We checked in and had wonderful, friendly service from Lidia and she showed us to our deluxe sea view room (room 81)... the room was aesthetically lovely and it had a nice private balcony... yay! Unfortunately, that is where our happy story ends. After that, our stay was all downhill from there. Transferring to Le Sirenuse was the biggest and most expensive mistake of our honeymoon.

First, we went down to the pool area in the afternoon to relax. I found it odd that the servers didn't ask us if we wanted anything to drink. But, oh well .... off to the bar I went to order two Pina Coladas for my husband and me. As luck turns out, the server handed me my drink and then dropped my husband's drink almost on his lap. Another one was made for him.... so, we toasted each other only to realize that the expensive drinks were absolutely horrible! My husband took one sip and left it at the pool. Not sure why this was so difficult to execute... Covo seemed to be able to make one at their hotel without any issues.

Second, we tried to move on from that cocktail disaster by having dinner at La Sponda. The restaurant seemed to be highly rated and recommended in most guidebooks. So, upon arrival, we were seated on the outdoor terrace (near the same area where we bathed in the sun earlier in the day). Of course, the area was made so dark that waiters needed to hand you a mini flashlight to read the menu. 1) we didn't find it "special' to eat in a location where we had just sunbathed during the day and 2) we both thought it was ridiculous to make patrons read a menu by flashlight at a supposedly upscale dining establishment. My husband and I ordered the same thing for dinner --- a tomato & crab terrine (appetizer) and the lobster pasta. While the lobster pasta was very good, the appetizer was dreadful. My husband powered through and ate his but I sent mine back. I'm not a picky eater and this was the only thing in 3 weeks of traveling that was inedible to me. Yes, they removed the item from the bill and tried to make it up to me with a sample of something else but first impressions were ruined. For a $200euro dinner (1 appetizer, 2 entrees & 4 glasses of champagne), I expect perfection. We've spent that amount or more at 5-star resorts in Cabo San Lucas and Las Vegas and they delivered. Le Sirenuse fell well short. Needless to say, we canceled our reservation for the Champagne Bar for the next night. We weren't up for any more disappointment.

On Day 2, we went to the breakfast buffet the next morning. Guess what.... back to eating in the SAME area as the sunbathing and dinner at La Sponda. Seriously?! While I realize space is likely limited on a cliffside hotel, I expect a 5-star establishment to have a better variety of dining venues. Again, Covo offered 4 different dining areas and delivered much better food (quality & variety) at a better price.

Other complaints:
In general, we didn't like the layout of this hotel at all...you have to walk through the pool area to even get to the computer used to print boarding passes or to the spa.
We couldn't get our jacuzzi tub to work in the bathroom after following the instructions. The TVs in the room are too small. And when I asked about getting a breakfast box on the day of departure at 4am, we were told they'd likely only able to give us a piece of fruit. Even our 4-star hotel in Rome was able to do better than that!

To summarize, we thought Le Sirenuse was overrated, stuffy and ridiculously overpriced for what you get. There isn't any sort of value here. We liked the pool area better at Covo (they have two huge pools with different temperatures) ... the sea views were better at Covo ..... the room terraces were much larger at Covo ......the mixed drinks and friendliness of the pool servers were much better at Covo... and the overall food was much better at Covo (the pool restaurant, the brasserie, their upscale dinner restaurant and even the breakfast buffet were all delicious and better than Le Sirenuse.)

We kicked ourselves for transferring to this hotel and spending $1,000euro more per night. It was NOT WORTH IT. There are better options in Positano.

Room tip: Rooms 80, 81 & 82 are on the 7th (top floor) and are away from the pool area so they offer more privacy.
1  Thank Renee L
Antonio S, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Dear Renee L, thank you for visiting us and for leaving your review. We are of course extremely sorry not to have met your expectations. With regards to the seating areas, we understand that unfortunately breakfast, lunch and dinner are on the same terrace but unfortunately it is the cost we pay for our beautiful position in the city centre. Further to that, our house is a historical building and we are not permitted to build and add spaces. However we are grateful for your feedback and will take everything you have said into consideration.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Everyone at this hotel was so welcoming.
We never wanted to leave the property! Perhaps the highlight was the boat trip that the hotel provided to Nerano. Leo & Gennaro gave us a tour and served us limoncello and snacks. They were the most gracious hosts with the biggest hearts.
Could not have asked for a better day on the water with them. Highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Antonio S, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear jpalla7, we loved reading about your boat trip to Nerano. We are so pleased you took the opportunity to experience that trip out on the Sant'Antonio. Thank you for mentioning Leo and Gennaro by name – they will both be delighted to know they looked after you well. We very much hope to welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

We were there for 5 absolutely fabulous nights.I have not one complaint.We are going back in May. You will not regret ur stay.The front desk was incredible especially Leanardo .I had coffee delivered to my room every day. That is worth it's weight in gold to me...Can't wait to go back

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank Lisa J

Dear Lisa J, than you so much for visiting us and for your kind review. We loved welcoming you at Le Sirenuse and it makes such a difference to know you felt we looked after you well. Leonardo will be delighted with your comment. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in May.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

The staff was very easy to deal with, friendly and totally accomodating as we arrived later than expected and easily changed our dinner reservation at the in hotel restuarant - La Sponda. The meal was excellent, views exceptional, service outstanding and we loved the floating musicians made a very romantic atmosphere.We joined the activity on the boat Sant' Antonio with Gennaro & Leo they were outstanding! Both very friendly, knowledgeable about the area and catered to our every need even served us mismosas!We would suggest anyone who stays at Le Sirenue the boat tour with Gennaro & Leo is a MUST DO!!Jacqui & Luigi

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
2  Thank Luigi V
Antonio S, Owner at Le Sirenuse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Jacqui & Luigi, it was our pleasure welcoming you at Le Sirenuse and we're delighted to hear you enjoyed our food, views, service and musicians in La Sponda. We always hope guests will make the most of our boat trips on Sant' Antonio too so we're very pleased to hear you enjoyed it. Please do come back and visit us again.