Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2020 via mobile

Visiting on family / ski holiday . In general, a nicely designed facility. You cannot complain on the room, cleanliness etc. The location is also quite attractive and close to slopes. Food is decent (perhaps breakfasts could provide more variety) and can be deemed as satisfactory.

However some procedures imposed on guests are unbelievable and have nothing to do with a 4* hospitality business:
- you can pay for drinks with an internal chip card (one per room, EUR 20 charge if lost),
- children are admired to the small pool early afternoon only and clearly not welcome there,
- the spa staff tell you in a very unfriendly manner to leave sauna with your child aged 13 and 163 cm high behaving absolutely in an appropriate manner (no warnings “adults only” up front)
- they keep you waiting really long after ordering a dinner and separate waiters handle drinks and food orders - what you get first is a lottery,
- there is not much to do in the evening, unless you enjoy exploring drinks at the bar (forget your drink card and you need to run to the reception and back to the bar to pay cash or credit card)

In principle, the hotel is unable to handle guests with care when full and some staff need training or rehiring (despite several really nice people working there - bar, reception etc). The internal procedures are a monstrous and out of the blue (Blu Hotels - do think it over). Maybe it does not need guests to run ?

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
BLU HOTELS, Altro at Blu Hotel Acquaseria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear Guest,
it is appreciated you spent time writing a review regarding your stay at Blu Hotel Acquaseria, our property in Ponte di Legno.
Guests’ opinions are very important to improve quality and efficiency of our services.
We’re sorry you weren’t totally satisfied with your stay, nevertheless we are able to reply to your concerns.
We can’t actually understand what the problem with the drink card was. It is a very convenient and smart option to avoid the use of cash in the hotel.
Terms and regulations of the wellness centre are clearly stated on our website, during the booking process and even at the hotel itself, where our reception staff explains it very clearly as well. It is unclear, then, why you complained about something you already knew.
We firmly assure you, moreover, that our staff is highly-skilled and always nice and attentive towards our guests.
We’re glad, anyway, you appreciated the nice and modern facilities of Blu Hotel Acquaseria, our nice rooms and the spotless cleanliness of the whole hotel.
Hoping to see you again at Blu Hotel Acquaseria or in one another of our over 30 properties all over Italy.
Best regards.

Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

First of all, the hotel is in the great location, around 10 min walk to the centre or to the lifts. The rooms are modern and clean, showers well done and good pressure. But that is all nice I can say about this hotel. The worst is the Reception which in my opinion is the key part of the hotel which can change your stay from the bad to good but it didn’t happen to us unfortunately. Most of the staff at reception are incompetent and the others are just rude and not helpful at all. The only person who is worth mentioning is Tatiana(thank you).
Expect loud music on the first floor until 11:30 pm so if you room is above, prepare- you will not be sleeping, resting until late. Have no idea why the music has to be so loud? It is not a disco or club?! When asked to change the room, away from the music, we came back in the evening after skiing just to find out the room is half a size then the previous one. Shouldn’t you tell me that I should expect the room to be much smaller so I have an option or at least know what to expect? Apart from the music, the kids running in the corridors are even louder and they don’t stop until around the same time as music.
Restaurant. My suggestion to the hotel, stick to the buffet as that plated food is a joke and creates loads of running for staff who runs like crazy. It did actually stressed me a lot at the beginning but I guess I got used to it by the day 3. I could write the other endless stories about the restaurant... in the end the food is the food as long as you have something to eat, is ok. The only person I would like to thank is Lucia. Great sense of humour and assistance.
I was surprised there was no coffee/tea making facilities in the room, no robes and slippers in the room- you need to pay for them extra if you want to have them- I think bad profit for the hotel- just include it I the price of the accommodation.
I think the purpose of the hotel is customers to say they want to come back or recommend the place to others, unfortunately I wouldn’t return and would not recommend it to the others. Great product, but lack of excel in every step.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BluhotelsAssistenza, Direttore at Blu Hotel Acquaseria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Guest,
Our reception staff is always kind and attentive and eager to help our guests in any way they can. Apparently your comment is due to the lack of availability of a room typology different from the one you reserved for. In the end you were given the room you reserved for. We don’t think the reception staff should be blamed for that.
We can guarantee live music in the evenings ends around 10 pm, so your comment about it is quite inaccurate. Anyway, we arranged to give you a different room on one of the upper floors (a floor without any families) and you warmly thanked our reception staff for that – which makes your comment even more surprising.
Our restaurant is provided with buffet service (it is well-advised during the booking process). It is never chaotic or else and is much appreciated by our guests due to its wide range of choice.
No coffee or tea facilities are available in the rooms of the hotel. Anyway, if you requested some we could have arranged for you to have it.
We’re glad, anyway, you appreciated the stunning location of Blu Hotel Acquaseria and our modern and comfortable rooms.
Best regards.

Reviewed 19 March 2019 via mobile

Went here for 4 days stay. Very friendly atmosphere and okay food. Very good value for money. Only minus is that the rooms are very loudly so you can hear everything from the other rooms. Ski bus to the lifts all good and close to the town

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing. The receptionist was so kind helping me to locate a missing bag. They cooked a special meal for my daughter every night. The range of the food was extensive. They put on a special Easter buffet which was amazing. The choices for breakfast were large. They had a shuttle to the ski slopes and even sent it out for us after it had finished. The spa was very nice. The staff were very friendly.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Caustonator
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Stayed here with my dad for 4 nights, both rooms were really nicely decorated, clean, modern bathroom, and cosy with lovely exposed beams which I love in mountain resorts. Staff were welcoming on the whole.

Food was fantastic, great choices, really tasty and well presented BUT some of the buffet food doesn't get replenished, so grab it while you can! Also, the staff in the restaurant were very efficient, almost too efficient. The instant would put your fork down (even if you weren't finished) and they would come and whizz your plate away! Clearly resting your fork on your plate for a 'break' isn't a thing in Italy!

Also for some reason they kept giving us the Polish menu on our table? Then were trying to make us order from Polish! Give me Italian, German, anything but unfortunately can't read a word of Polish!!! Had to go in blind and order anything - luckily we aren't fussy and was actually really good! Wine really good too!

Radiators in room didn't seem to work in room? Couldn't figure out how to get them on which would have been useful to dry things from a day on the slopes, although the rooms weren't cold. Also they clearly want to save on laundry because we didn't have big towels a few times so had to make do with something similar size to a flannel!!!

The open fire in the bar was fantastic, especially when having a drink before dinner. But bear in mind, this hotel is really full of Italians, and quite a few children too who run around quite a lot. I have nothing against this really, but some people might have other opinions when trying to relax.

Final thing to add: I read other reviews whilst I was there about distance to the ski area - it most certainly is walkable if you don't have skis to carry! Up a bit of a hill, but only 10 mins max and we usually beat the minibus! Our top tip if you are hiring equipment (and you can probably just hire a locker for your own equipment) - hire from Le Ski Lab, they have a brilliant heated locker area at the base of the main lifts in Ponte di Legno. Leave your skis, boots, helmet in there all night, safe and secure. You can then walk the nice walk in the mornings and sit in the lovely, quiet warmth of the locker room and comfortably get equipment on, then walk back later. Best thing we did!

Lovely resort, 5* skiing for us and our fourth (my dad fifth!) time skiing in this area and we love it! Enjoy!

Date of stay: February 2018