All reviews main building early september beach bar private beach drinkers canoe gym cala kettle pools waiter structure lounge wifi coast sea puglia
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

we stayed in this hotel for two days, we were greeted very well, the hotel was lovely in the green nature. There was not so much to visit in the neighborhood but it was worth it to relax in such a beautiful place. A real Resort. we'll be back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I am not sure why people had to complain about this hotel service. If you read the bad reviews about the organization they are all on August and I believe this is due to the fact that on August it reaches maximum capacity therefore it might be difficult to make everybody happy. Anyway I have an amazing stay at the Gusmay Hotel. The hotel is divided in 3 different section, the Gusmay DUNE Hotel 5* which is the main building about 400 meters from the beach, where you would find the concierge, the parking one pool and the golf carts which bring you around. Then the Cala Del Turco 4* which are small villas with rooms and another pool which is about 200 meters from the beach, and the Le Suite Dune 5* which they are front beach and the most expensive ones. I have stayed at the main building, Dune Hotel.

PREMISES - the These three buildings are enclosed in a wonderful park with lots of nature. I found the hotels premises to be kept immaculate they were super clean really could not find a piece of paper on floor, the vegetation well kept. The Dune Hotel (main building) was always very very clean both in the lobby and in the room and hallways. The rooms are all updated and yes they are not big but realized very efficiently you can stay organized they features a nice size bathroom with bathtub/shower.

ROOM - My room was facing the front of the structure and I could see the pool and also a bit of sea although they told me it was not sea view. In my room there were two bathroom robes, bathroom slippers and lots of towels, and everything I asked they immediately brought.

CONCIERGE - The CONCIERGE staff was absolutely the nicest persons always helpful and polite I cannot speak highly and very professional, so again, I do not understand these reviews.

DUNE HOTEL (main round building to understand) Now for those who complained about the Dune (main structure): have you taken a look at this building????? This is absolutely a gorgeous MID CENTURY STRUCTURE designed in 1930s by a well known architect and it is magnificent inside and outside you could still see the original features and looking at it immerse in the nature don’t know why it made me think immediately at the Frank Lloyd Wright falling water house. It is a beautiful structure and you should be proud and honored to be guested in it especially Italians (I am Italian). I absolutely adored and stared at it for hours and I most definitely preferred this to a 5* touristic resort in the caribbean where most is man made. You are immersed in the Gargano Peninsula which is BREATHTAKING just enjoy it.

BREAKFAST - in my room cost there was breakfast included. The breakfast is 5*, amazing with 15 or more types of sweet cakes, yogurt, cereals, cookies, muffins,plumcakes,tarts, and savory items, fresh local cheeses, fresh breads, toasts, and 10 different types of juices, jams, chocolate spreads, fresh fruits, soy milk and non dairy milk, eggs, sausages what else can you want????

RESTAURANT - I have not tried the restaurants as I always ate outside, except for one buffet dinner and things here could be improved yes it does not feel like a 5 star experience and they can improve in the quality of the buffet, but hey, it's a buffet dinner so what to expect. Anyway They have several options to dine, a A LA CARTE MENU, the BUFFET OPTION , and at lunch another beach restaurant

BEACH - The beach is beautiful, a bay with private beach and umbrellas and lounge chairs included in the cost of my room, with a bar just behind where you can have drinks and coffee or ice cream with lots of lounges to sit on, the beach guy was very polite and nice , the sand is soft and EXTREMELY CLEAN, the water was really clean.

WIFI - Yes the wifi is troubled I was kicked back all the time but had my cellular company providing back up so I was connected all the time . BUT YES I AGREE WIFI MUST BE IMPROVED AS IT IS A MUST NOWADAYS .

NOISE IN THE ROOM - My room was pretty quiet, heard some noise here and there during the day when maids were cleaning other rooms but nothing serious I guess it depends from your neighbors

OVERALL i loved the building premises, the main building, the room was ok, the service was top notch and hey we always found the golf cart available to bring us back from the beach. We stayed first week in September. I have been to other 5 stars hotels at 500$ a night around the world and believe me not quiet the enjoyment. Have a CAR, it is mandatory to explore the beautiful Gargano peninsula and all of the beautiful hidden bays with gorgeous beaches.

Room Tip: need a car to move around as this hotel is immerse in nature parks nothing around
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Having been further down in Puglia we wanted to explore the coast and nature reserve so booked for a week. It is actually three hotels (The Gusmay to the east of the road Cala Del Turco and Suite Le Dune) Le Dune might scrape a 5*, their own website shows Carla Del Turco as a 4* and the Gusmay is at best a 3* We stayed in the Gusmay and the building is past it's sell by date the noise transmission is TERRIBLE. Families with very young children were up at silly o'clock (5-6am) and the hotel doors are not sound proof by a long shot. The breakfast restaurant was ok. The gym lacked a running machine. The spa was apparently ok. Down at the beach things are better but still dated. There are two restaurants and a bar. All the staff try REALLY hard and do a great job but it has the air of being underfunded and certainly under staffed. We ate at the formal restaurant on the first night on the second night we thought we would try the buffet restaurant..I spent too long at Boarding school to want to eat in a smelly refectory when on holiday so we left pronto! What amazed me is they make a fuss of being in the National Park but there seemed to be no way to walk into the park..which was nuts. The road in front is busy..there is a subway so guests don't have to cross the road and it was a pleasant stroll down to the beach area past what I suspect are the 5* bits..although one guest we met didn't seem that impressed about their suite in Le Dune. If you want to sit on the beach and be in easy reach of a bar, lounge by the pool(s) and enjoy the landscaped grounds then it's fine but it could be oh so much better. It was an excellent base but for the price we paid we could have rented a beach front bungalow eaten at some far superior restaurants and had more fun. Mainly Italians when we were there, a few clusters of Germans..a lot of guests only seemed to stay a couple of days. It is part of a big group and I suspect has probably lost its way a bit. The Reception Staff are polite but we tried to arrange a couple of things through them and then gave up and did it ourself..one thing that is unacceptable is the broadband wifi is absolutely dreadful. It is an open system and since logging onto it we have been plagued with spam emails and incredibly slow. The owners need to work out what they want the resort to be and give the staff a break by having more of them!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Gusmay! Le Dune if you can get a good deal
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 21 May 2017

We had a reservation for this hotel, but we were not sure what to expect. What a great place! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are great, the breakfast was excellent, the staff very helpful, all in all a great place. They have their own private beach, which we have enjoyed it for few hours. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2015

The hotel boasts a lovely, secluded location on the beach. The beach-pool suites are very good. The food served is excellent.
But, overall, the hotel doesn't deserve 5 stars at all. A 5 stars must give an outstanding service. A 5 stars should actually go beyond what the customer expects.
I've been in several high-end hotels around the world for work. At the Hotel Suite Le Dune they have no idea of what a 5 stars should look like.
Few examples. In theory, you have free Wi-Fi but, actually, the network coverage is very very poor. I don't normally care about Internet on a vacation, but I had to reply some urgent emails and I really struggled to connect (nowhere close to my suite). The waiters could do a better job, specifically at breakfast (it's a buffet breakfast, but still you would expect to have the table set and then cleaned promptly). I've been tipping the housekeepers generously every and each day and still I've not been able to walk barefoot on the floor without having my feet become black from the dirt (since the very moment I checked-in). Also, I had to call the front desk several times, several days in a row before getting what I needed (minor requests).
I actually had a sense of what to expect when I booked the suite, since the person (Mr Gabriele) I've been talking to by email showed to be very slow in replying as well as inattentive and inaccurate in his replies. When I met him at the front desk I could see in person what a truly messy employee he was.
Bottom line: this resort could totally get some benefit from a different management. It's really a diamond in the rough. It's very sad to think that so many hotels abroad, that have much less to offer in terms of the location (compared to beautiful Puglia), are able to give a stellar experience... while this hotel that has potentially everything is not able to give a decent service. Not a 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank EuropeanTaste
gusmayresort, Direttore generale at Gusmay Resort - Hotel Gusmay & Suite Le Dune, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Dear Guest,

we thank you for having taken the time to leave a comment about your stay at Hotel Suite Le Dune.

We are sorry you did not appreciate all of our services.

We apologize if the wifi connection has been slow during your stay. Normally it is granted in every Beach Pool Suite.

It is difficult to understand in which one you have slept in order to verify with our technician if a line fault has occurred in July.

With regards to the clean conditions of your suite, our housekeeping maids always do their job with care, in spite of the tips, and the only logical explanation why you were not able to walk barefoot is because the beach pool are surrounded by a garden and it is difficult to keep the floor constantly clean when guests go back and forth.

The reception staff and Mr. Gabriele have no memory of your case so it is really hard to reply in a proper way to your comments. We have made a long brainstorming but still we do not know your identity.

By the way we are glad you liked the food and the location. We hope to welcome you once again and give a service at the highness of your standards.

Kind regards,