“MUST DO: Do not visit Orvieto without visiting Madonna del Latte”
Review of Madonna del Latte

Madonna del Latte
Ranked #3 of 73 things to do in Orvieto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful Winery, Property, and Story. Leon was fantastic. He organized picking us up from Orvieto which was painless. It was a beautiful ride from the hill of Orvieto to Madonna del Latte (about 20 minutes). Once there Leon walked us around the property, into the facility, and down into the cellar. After the tour we tasted the amazing wine. Highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you book this with Leon. I've visited a few wineries but the personal touch puts this on top of all the wineries I've visited.

We ordered some wine (and Olive Oil) and can't wait for it to arrive.

Thanks, Leon!

"local history"
"olive oil"
"day trip"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I recently spent part of the afternoon with Leon as he passionately explained how he and his family took a neglected property and turned it into a working vineyard/winery.....and don’t forget the olive oil.

It is obvious how much love and attention goes into every single bottle he produces right from the pruning of vines to the harvesting of the grapes to the final bottled product.

Leon was very knowledgable and answered every single question we had. We certainly appreciated the personal/approachable nature of this wine tour/tasting.

We loved the rosé so much we bought a couple of bottles to take with us. He offers shipping as well!

If you are visiting Orvieto or the surrounding area, you will not regret spending an afternoon at Madonna del Latte.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I found this place by accident and was excited to come. I was not disappointed at all.
The owner Leon is extremely knowledgable and happy to share his passion of wine with you. My personal favorite is the sparkling rosè. In addition, I purchased the more expensive, but still extremely affordable tasting package that included the goat cheese. I really want to know what they feed these goats to make the cheese so amazing. :D I wanted to bring a goat home with me for my own cheese, but unfortunately there are none here and they are a neighboring farms goats (kidding about the purchase thing, not quite sure my LA apartment manager would like me for that one).

All the wines were extremely good. The possible tomb the barrels are kept in is such a cool thought.

Me being the millennial wine hippie that I am had 2 cases shipped to my apartment in LA. I'd say that for having 2 cases of wine (24 bottles) the shipping was very affordable. I was quoted a couple of weeks, but my shipment arrived quicker than that. Now I can enjoy my Italian rosè all day! W00!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I visited Madonna del Latte the day after my wedding in a neighbouring Italian village. Leon was accommodating, knowledgable, and very hospitable. The numbers of our guests changed a few times, and the only day that worked for us was full in his schedule. But he somehow managed to fit us in, and didn't make us feel rushed at all. The wine was delicious, and the goat cheese was divine. We are so thankful for our experiences here at Madonna del Latte! I know that all of us will look back at our time in Italy and remember our time here as an absolute highlight! Thank you Leon!