All reviews junior suite breakfast room cleaning staff the hotel staff old building parking facilities wonderful hotel the air conditioning modern hotel charming town park your car highly recommend this hotel breakfast is served medieval city italian hotels up to date top floor
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

A bit off the beaten path, this is a very nice hotel for a small town. Staff is extremely helpful with directions and suggestions. Breakfast is outstanding. Rooms are not large with little storage space and air conditioning does not get things as cold as one might like. Beds are very comfortable, but the shower is small.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This was My second stay here and enjoyed it as much as the first. The staff is amazing as always and the rooms are great. Yummy breakfast and a great small bar with local wines. Will definitely be back again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2018

With the winding road leading up to Orvieto, Palazzo Piccolomini can be a little difficult to find the first time, but after you do, it is easy to leave from for adventures, and return to. Jude seems to be everywhere providing a high level of service and care with a comfortable level of professionalism. Jessica is right there also with a big smile and willingness to help in any way. Palazzo Piccolomini is very conveniently located to walk around and explore all of Orvieto, and is a wonderful base from which to take day trips and explore the area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2018

We were in Orvieto when the temperature was up above 30 degrees in late May and really expected this 4* hotel to come equipped with air conditioning but instead it has a very old time air exchange/fan in the room that just recirculated and perhaps freshened the air. Luckily the old building was rather insulated and it cooled off by the time we went to bed.

We stayed in a small room which actually had a couple of windows that could bring the cross ventilation but we did not want to attract any mosquitos due to the warm weather so they had to be closed,

Otherwise, the room was sparsely decorated and the bath comes with a tiny shower enclosure where one can barely raise our arms.
Breakfast was good enough and the valet parking was pricey although I imagined we could have parked in front during the weekend but it was no problem.

Location was the high point for this hotel and I could understand why it was not the best rated hotel in town after staying there. For the money, we certainly expected a lot more!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

My 3 night stay would have been better if they changed my room after the first night as requested (after a big group checked out). I understand each room has to work with the original footprint of the historic hotel so I know they vary. The bathroom was very clean & somewhat modern but not functional for a person 5'9" or taller. the shower enclosure was very small with glass all around so it was impossible to bend my arms without my elbows hitting the glass. They also put a miniature sized bidet & toilet which were against the shower so my knees hit the glass shower enclosure while sitting. It only had room for a toilet or a bidet but not both.

The hotel location is pretty easy to find, The bedroom was small but clean, bed was comfortable. Breakfast is served in a lovely vaulted room below street level.Food was good, consistently replenished, fresh coffee was made to order, juices, hot eggs, cold meat & cheese, cereal, fruit & wonderful pasteries. Staff was very helpful & attentive.

Again my only disappointment was the daytime reception who didn't make much effort to help me find a room that would have had a more usable bathroom arrangement for a tall person.

Room tip: If you're tall check the space before agreeing to the room.
Date of stay: May 2018