All reviews the owner views are spectacular wifi works great village houses local recommendations winding road gave us great recommendations highly recommend a stay the bed was super comfortable worked fine wonderful walk the cliff glass of wine beautiful countryside tufa rock orvieto town rooms are beautiful
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Best hotel of our Italy trip! We LOVED everything about Misia. The setting was stunning with a picture-perfect view of Orvieto and the beautiful countryside. Be sure to climb to the top of the cliff behind the hotel...it's an easy hike and well worth it. Our room was spacious, elegant and quiet. The bed and sheets were super comfy. We enjoyed the breakfast and it was nice to have a bar on site for a nightcap. We had wonderful dinners at the winery nearby. Helene was a charming and gracious hostess. I'm very sad we only stayed two nights!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Giorgio T, Proprietario at Misia Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear guests many thanks !! We hope to see you again at Misia in the future !! We are lucky to have guests as you !! Warm regards from Giorgio and Helena

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I couldn't be any more pleased with my decision to stay at Misia Country Resort. The room was incredibly comfortable and quiet. Bed was a little on the firm side for my liking. Bathroom was well appointed with the most amazing smelling hand soap. Air conditioner worked perfectly to combat the high summer temperatures. Free breakfast each morning did it's job to satiate our grumbling bellies.

What makes this place special, Giorgio! He went above and beyond his role as owner of the resort. Making salami and cheese sandwiches at 10 p.m. after my daughter and I fell asleep from sheer exhaustion.

I do want to mention the resort is quite a distance from the city center. There is a restaurant nearby Misia, but it is on the pricey side. I wasn't bowled over with the cuisine either. There is a taxi service in Orvieto. My personal experience was that they were very difficult to reach. Our first day we waited over an hour for a taxi to arrive at the train station after multiple attempts to reach someone.

Also, if you are traveling to this area in the summertime and you are like me and mosquitoes love you...bring bug spray. I got eaten up while on a phone call outside.

I would highly recommend a stay at Misia Resort. You too may experience Giorgio's famous salami and cheese sandwiches....if you are lucky!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear many thanks !! I hope to see you again at Misia in the future ! It was a pleasure to met you !
Warm regards and a big hug from Giorgio !

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely stay here! Our room was a great size and very clean - the whole place was very tastefully decorated. The owner, Giorgio, was fantastic and provided us with lots of local recommendations as well as letting us have the room for much longer on the morning we checked out as we had a late wedding the night before. Finally, it’s set in a great location, near Orvieto town, but far enough out for it to feel more remote, set in the beautiful countryside. We would highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank louiseemain
Giorgio T, Proprietario at Misia Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear guest many thanks ! I hope to see you again at Misia in the future ! Warm regards from Giorgio !

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay at Misia resort. Friendly and warm welcome by owner Giorgio. Lovely rooms are well equipped and comfortable. WiFi works great, simple but good breakfast in the morning, excellent espresso too. We will be back. Orvieto is 10 minutes away by car.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest many thanks !! We hope to see you again in the future here at Misia ! Warm regards from Giorgio and Helena !

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Had a couple of days in Orvieto and stayed at Misia. Very friendly, good information on things to see and do. Great views across the valley at the old town.
Room was modern, clean and good bed. TV had lots of channels - multilingual.
Breakfast usual Italian food. Good coffee.
Georgio and Helena great hosts.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Giorgio T, Proprietario at Misia Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear friend many thanks !! I hope to see you and your wife again at Misia in the future !! Warm regards from Giorgio