All reviews in town yogurt garage europe wifi street accommodations car
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Although this hotel is clean and comfortable, our check in experience was nothing short of traumatic. We had arranged for a car park for our hire car. When we got to the hotel there was no obvious way to park the car and so we called the hotel for assistance. As the guy at the front desk couldn't understand us, he just kept hanging up. The roads are very narrow and we had a line of cars behind us and nowhere to go. It was very stressful. I just kept calling him until he came out the front of the hotel to assist me. If you are going to stay here I would suggest that you only take a very small car here or preferably no car. The parking is a nightmare and I had to ask the hotel for assistance. I had a Peugeot 508 and it was way too big for the garage. Had I been notified of this up front, I would have looked for alternative accommodation. The attitude of the guy at the front desk was appalling. If we had spoken Italian and did not have a car, I'm sure that our experience would have been more positive. The other staff were ok. The view of the harbour overlooks an industrial port. Not picturesque at all. We also had to ask for the A/c to be turned on. It wasn't offered or working when we got to the room. Very disappointed. We travelled extensively for 5 weeks and this was the worst hotel experience of our trip. We gave 10/10 for all of the other places we stayed in - a total of 14 different hotels/B&B's and Agriturismo's - so I'm relatively easy to please. Beds were hard but I slept ok. Breakfast was typical.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2017

This is a great little hotel located right on the Adriatic Sea so it offers some amazing views! The main shopping area is literally right outside front door of the hotel. But the thing that you will remember from your stay is how the staff made you feel like you were staying at your favorite relatives house for a few days. They truly treat you like family…. The family you like… Not the weird uncle everyone hopes doesn’t show up. THANK YOU! We loved our stay!

Room tip: Fantastic location, Extremely Friendly Staff, Wonderful views
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Fantastic hospitality; as we were tourists the staff were very understandable and were very friendly. Great room; Our room had a fantastic view with a small fridge, wifi, and accommodations for 4. The hotel's perfect location was ideal for walking around historic Ortona. Overall, it was an excellent hotel and would recommend to anyone going to Ortona.

P.S. Anyone looking for the wifi password, just feel free to ask the receptionist if they don't give it to you right away.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SavageMoose
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Although we got a clean room with a nice view of the sea, the amenities were minimal and the room very small. The airconditioning broke down and hotel staff insisted it was working. Wifi connection barely worked. Breakfast was packaged croissants and jam with our coffee - the absolute worst breakfast we had in Italy in 2 years. The best thing I can say is that the hotel is clean and in a good location. Shower was tiny/ modular (as are most in Italy). When we checked out we told the clerk, once again, that neither the AC or WiFi were working and we thought 90 Euros was an outrageous price in these circumstances. He just shrugged his shoulders and said local restaurants had WiFi that we could use! We would never stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We have visited Ortona twice and both times stayed at Hotel Ideale. This is a lovely, family-run hotel in a good location. The rooms tend to be small but clean with a good, comfortable bed and spotless washroom. Breakfasts are great, in the Italian style. But the best part of this hotel is the people who run it -- they go above and beyond. We were selling our house In Canada when we were there and we couldn't have gotten the deal done without their help. We love Ortona and Hotel Ideale embodies all that is great about Ortona. Would certainly recommend it.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple