1,030 results
All reviews great hotel recommend this hotel train station night porter easy access third floor quiet location per day san gimignano croissants pasta town tuscany balcony euro cappuccino italians
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for only one night with my children during my Italian trip.
I wish i would never came to that hotel.
Air conditioner in restaurant did not work even at 38 degrees.
Weiters are not gentle.They cry to each other.
That blue eyed stupid receptionist girl dropped right from the street,she do not know basic hospitality.
Verry nervous and poor educated.
They are bored from turrists

If you do not want a swearing right to your face,then
Choose another hotel from the hundred hotels here but not that one

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Marco C, Proprietario at Hotel Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

I start the reply being very embarrassed because in 30 years of career I have never found myself before in this kind of situation with people of such little education and much arrogance and vulgarity and despite it's been more than a month since your stay in our structure, we unfortunately remember you perfectly .
You were here on 07.08.2018 and took 02 rooms with your wife and two children.
The morning of 08 you left the room at 10.15 and over, to have breakfast and despite there are multilingual signs with the request not to take away anything from the breakfast buffet, you were quietly preparing to take away sandwiches ... when the head waiter asked you kindly to avoid taking away stuff from the buffet, you literally started screaming from the restaurant to the reception that this hotel was disgusting, that with your money they could buy the hotel and staff, that my co-workers were beasts and in conclusion, your daughter (20 years old) insulted the head waiter and the blue-eyed receptionist, calling them prostitutes, citing that the bread (sliced and stuffed with cold cuts and cheeses in the form of a sandwich!) would be served for the birds ... Notoriously in Montecatini Terme, the birds are fed with padded sandwiches, of course!
Finally, at the further request of my receptionist to lower your voice and tones, you had the grace to reiterate to the girl that:
• She was only a "prostitute" ( for education to TA friends I cannot write the exact definition given)
• That you were the customer and therefore you could do what you wanted and you could also not pay the bill and buy the hotel ...
I omit further and sad details, as I avoid giving assessments on the example that you give to your children and that readers will understand by themselves; I simply say that if a 50 year old man, behaves in this way and manages to be so vulgar, rude and arrogant with 25-year-old girls who only do their job, coming to use certain tones and in particular certain words against them , I think the time wasted to respond to your review, is time lost ... but this reply is certainly not to respond to you, in my opinion, you don't deserve any respect, both from a professional and human point of view, but rather for protect my employees who have been offended and humiliated for free even in the presence of other customers who fortunately immediately lined up in their favor, after your embarrassing reaction.
My last intention is to seem or be moralistic, but while I am sure you do not know the meaning of the words "shame", "embarrassment", I only wonder how would you react if someone treated you or someone from your family the way you did treat my collaborators ... think about it and try to think of humans, instead of padded sandwiches to give to the birds (which I guarantee in Italy they eat only bread crumbs and not whole sandwiches!) ...
My staff and I are always available to customers and offer our best service, sometimes unfortunately we cannot and, rightly, we are criticized ... but we are never available to be offended or worse yet to witness to so vulgar situations...

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Hotel is in a nice area in Montecatini. Reception is the worst part. They are very nervous. No smile at all. They prepare different buffet to the groups with different quality in different rooms. Variety of food is enough. The electricity is very limited. Corridors are dark. WiFi is slow in rooms.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Marco C, Proprietario at Hotel Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Customer, when I've read your comment the first question was if you had really been here in the hotel, as it seems you are not describing our hotel!
Then I did a brief investigation and I think I understood that you were our client with a group from Turkey and that was here with us from 16 to 18.08 (if I'm not mistaken you had a double room single use - despite your booking was for a single!).
As for what you said, I would like to point out that:
1. Our staff is normally judged with excellent ratings and if you refer to the nervousness of the concierge, maybe you do not know that your group has arrived with 3 extra people that no one had told us about and the tension at check in it was only about the fact that we had to solve an unexpected problem and not caused by us and that the priority for the reception staff was finding accommodation for 3 people, since we were fully booked ... If you had been in the shoes of the receptionists you would have smiled and been happy and relaxed, knowing that 3 of your traveling companions did not have a bed and a room to stay in and you would have continued to work like nothing happened and not caring about the problem ?! (fortunately in a few minutes we solved the problem even if it wasn't our mistake!)
2. You were part of a group! Did you consider the fact that Tour Operators made explicit requests about the type of breakfast to serve to their customers (so much so that you did not have meats, but unlike the other group you had vegetables ... as explicitly requested by the agency! )
3. We do not have different restaurant rooms ... we have two rooms, just to give our guests the opportunity to have the table ready immediately and not have to wait for the "replacement"
4. "Electricity is very limited" ... I do not understand this statement honestly ! either there is or is not ... there is no limitation of electricity
5. "Dark corridors": this is the first time I have been noticed about such a thing and therefore I think it is a mistake of writing
6. "WI-FI slow": will it not be because 120 people connected at the same time slow down a bit 'the connection that although powerful, it will not work like at home?
I am very sorry that the judgment on our structure did not go well, but I read from his comments that, in general, you don't appreciate Italian hospitality.
A sincere greeting and I hope if there will be an opportunity we will change your mind about our organization.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean and comfortable, located near the center of the city. The room is small but it isn't a problem. Air conditioning works very well. The reception staff is very helpful. Breakfast typical for Italy. I recommend this hotel for holiday in beautiful Montecatini Terme.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located near center of Montecatini terme buy in a quiet area. Our room was small but clean and equipped with air conditioner, shutter and minibar. With every day room service everything remained clean and fresh. Balcony had a view to small green area and also you can see Montecatini Alto. Breakfast was ok, with great espresso, however my wife was missi g some fresh vegetables. Generally strongly recommended hotel for stay in this part of Tuscany.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Good location, looks better from outside than the inside. Needs renovation, pretty dated. Breakfast was ok. Staff was friendly. Overall was ok stay for one night stopover traveling from Pisa to Florence.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel