Lowest prices for your stay
US$92
Expedia.comUS$92
PricelineUS$96
eDreamsUS$92
1,008 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019

My wife and I have just had a quite delightful week at the Manzoni, in Montecatini Terme. A few areas of the premises may need a touch-up here and there, but what makes it a GOOD hotel is the staff. From reception to the bar, restaurant and chamber staff, they are all there to help. Frederico in the bar was always pleasant & efficient, and the restaurant would not have been the same without Benjamin, who was a sheer delight!
Breakfasts were first class, and the dinners generous.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anybody exploring Tuscany.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 1 August 2019

We booked a package break to see Andrea Bocelli in a live open air concert which was absolutely splendid.

We were quartered at the Hotel Manzoni which is well located with easy access to the town centre with its restaurants and shops. It was unfortunate, however, that controlling costs seemed to be their main priority. A threadbare breakfast - coffee/juice from a machine, tinned fruit and no hot food at all. They required a deposit for a towel for the pool and a key to the bedroom safe - which was too small for the ipads.

The room was a shoe box and one needed to be a contortionist to get in the shower. No robes or slippers and it was one of the few hotels where you probably wouldn't want to take the shampoos etc.

They were most unhelpful regarding check out times and made no attempt to phase them for the differing flight times on the Sunday of departure.

All in all it was very disappointing.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2019

This hotel is mainly used by travel company's for overnight stays which is ok, unfortunately we booked with Newmarket travel and we're stuck there for seven days.
The best part of this hotel is the pool area where you can sit in the sun or shade,enjoy the two pools and Jacuzzi.
Inside the hotel,the lobby/ bar area is alright and that's all the good points. As you head upstairs the carpets are filthy especially along the corridors. Our room overlooking the pool was basic( not four star) and the hotel has private party's organised around the pool area- with loud music and general rowdiness,so no chance of getting sleep before midnight. Also had a cockroach in our room.
Now the restaurant (oh dear!) Breakfast was tolerable if you can fight your way through the coach loads of overnight guests to reach the food.
We were based in the bottom part of the restaurant and during one evening meal my wife picked her handbag up and it was covered in ants which roaming all by the interior wall.
Evening meal was poor quality stuff and got worse during the week, when they introduced a fixed menu( no choice) So on two nights running the first three courses were sent back,because many of our group didn't like them. Managed to get some fries one night, because we were having nothing to eat.
Then just to finish the week off,we were told by a waiter there was a dessert buffet - go and help yourself. When I went up I had just cut a piece of cake when this irate waiter shouted Put it down,Put it down ,Step away,Step away ( the entire restaurant was staring) probably thought I had a shotgun in my hand rather than a piece of cake . Another waiter came running up and after a discussion the irate waiter patted me on the back and said sorry - enjoy. ( No chance) Turned out he thought I was Polish and that food wasn't for them.
We are very easy going, but this hotel is bad I would advise anyone to rethink if they are going to book this hotel ( just look at the recent comments - we can't all be wrong.

Date of stay: July 2019
4  Thank DaveLtm
Reviewed 22 June 2019 via mobile

We booked a 7 day guided trip to Tuscany through our agent and this hotel was used as our base for the week

I always read reviews on trip advisor and was concerned at the negative comments by previous guests. However, sometimes you have to think perhaps other people have stronger views on expectations, standards etc and wanted to give the benefit to our tour operator who after all I felt would not have us staying somewhere they felt unsuitable. Our experience at the hotel was terrible and I regret not having taken previous comments seriously.

There is serious concern over the food here. Firstly poor choice offered for breakfast. Food not being kept cool enough in a hot dining room. Milk, cheese and meats all left I refrigerated.

Some of our party were given chicken which was raw inside. Uncooked poultry is a health hazard.

As it is mostly tinned fruit offered, pears and apples sat out each day. The pears were rotten. Photos here show

Also too many cakes on offer. There was a fruit flan that was there for breakfast.
I could not believe it was covered in mould. There was a mouldy fur on the fruit.

When we brought the food problems to the Head Waiter, his dismissive attitude was shocking. My husband could not believe that the waiter was saying it was not mouldy when it was evidently showing.

Unsatisfied with this response, we asked to speak to the Hotel Manager. A similar response was given. In fact she stood and tried to defend that the food offered was of good standard and couldn’t understand our concerns over health worries such as cross contamination and if our party of 19 had of ate the raw chicken, we could have been extremely ill.

We reported our concerns to our travel agent and investigations are now ongoing.

The operator must have been in touch after we brought this to their attention. Subsequently a few extra items were available. Too little too late.

We had no confidence in the food hygiene or dedication to the hotel guests. We had to buy some extra food to supplement breakfast and of the 3 evening meals that were included, we ate out for 2 of those.

A dreadful food experience along with health concerns ruined our stay at this hotel. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CristinaMariotti, Proprietario at Hotel Manzoni, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2019

Dear Madame,
I am Cristina , hotel manager at Hotel Manzoni
I thank you for your reviewing my Hotel , though so negatively.
Let me reply to your points here below:
- Breakfast: the food offered at breakfast is DAILY FRESH , even fruit , and not tinned , so easily perishable. The cured meats for example are kept under cover and fresh with ice blocks underneath the platters. We took note of your suggestion of keeping the milk in the fridge during the whole service at breakfast.
- Too many cakes on offer: is that a bad thing?? Cakes are all home-made and tasty. Maybe you do not like sweeets very much … but as we have many people to serve we have to meet all food preferences , both sweet and savoury.
We have offered you some free drinks and pool towels , confirmed your tour operator a refund for the two dinners you have missed , as a compensation for your complain.
You say you asked to talk to me…. As far as I know you came to the reception desk to express your complaint and I personally took care of the matter, in the same way as I run after you in the evening in the hotel’s alley to further discuss the matter with you , asking what suggestions you might have and why such arrogance towards us..
No one has denied the evidence of our mistakes , no one has called into question what you declared; we spoke with you and your husband, and with all your travel partners (who by the way accepted positively our farewell dinner - where you did not take part - leaving tips to our staff and thanking for the service) .
I am terribly sorry you got nervous and angry , (it’s not healthy getting angry during your holiday..) , but I can tell you we make all efforts to offer a good service to our guests …
If this is not enough for you, I am very sorry you were deceived ….. Maybe your expectations where different ..

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Check-in fast and simple, safe deposit box €10 deposit…. but very small capacity, little bigger than letter box 9”X5”X7" deep approx.
Rooms - (we had two), there seem to be many different layouts, very tired décor, large living space but smaller bath room & vice-versa in other layouts, rooms have air-con available (one AC controller was missing), TV, ample wardrobe space (limited ‘mickey mouse’ hangers!) plenty of drawer space, cleaned every, day towels changed if required (as usual leave on the floor), old style ‘key’ access. The bed I had had seen better days but I slept ok.
Lobby and General areas - there is a pool, well-worn seating in lobby, but tidy, very small lounge bar, hotel itself is nestled in the middle of other building & hotels. Corridors are a bit dated although bright. Pool is small with enough beds however the pool is not used by many guests ‘including us’ as most would be out and about touring. Outside events do take place in the hotel. We didn’t use the spa either so no opinion there.
Breakfast is very basic alright, dilute or concentrate juice nothing recognisable in so far as taste is concerned! & water dispenser, three types of cereal – a kind of corn flakes, coco pops, and bran, with either long life milk or soya milk. The hot plate consisted of a small metal terrine heated by a little flame with what looked like scrambled egg + bacon, eggs which were ‘already’ hard boiled in a large bowl, selection of yogurts, small selection of breads, small selection of tined fruit and limited fresh fruit, but lots of cake!. Tea, Coffee, hot milk, hot chocolate, hot water, in a dispensing machine. You could have just enough to keep you going until lunch, but nothing to sing and dance about. Here is the PUNCH LINE a number of guests asked for a poached egg including us only to find out that there was a charge of 3€ put on our room for each request!!!! HOWZ that.
MORE ABOUT ROOM CHARGES LATER….
Evening meal, my impression is in this part of Italy food is served ‘Italian style’ – you start with a salad selection, then two main courses and desert to finish. We had some evening meals as part of the stay, First meal the salad bar was good with a varied selection, 1st main ‘soup’ ok, 2nd main fish not great at all, desert much the same – the point is we seemed to have a different menu option to the other ‘mostly elderly Italian’ guests. A complaint was put to the rep who intervened so the Second meal was a Big improvement and the best of our stay ‘Lovely’, our 3rd meal was good but not as good as the 2nd. This in my opinion is partly due to Quality, and to the different expectations of food presentation, for example buffet salad to start, mains - you might have a soup or pasta with meat sauce, then have a slice of beef with just peas and ‘that’s it’ as main courses, Italian food does not include much potato as such. Another punch line…. drinks are extra… Wine, Tea, AND Water!!! all go on your room tab. By the way if you are served a drink or beverages at the table or pool area there is an extra charge of €1 extra!.
Location, this is about the best aspect it is located slap in the middle of Montecatini with easy access to the town and Montecatini Alto by the cable train etc etc… which is a nice experience to go visit the old medieval town. I have a separate review for this trip. You are also just 10mins from the main train station. However this was closed during our stay (schools summer recess period) for maintenance but a regular and frequent bus link was available to link up with Pistoia Train station. There is a market in Pistoia every Saturday. In general staff worked hard with what was available..
Would I book here again no honestly I would not, it is most definitely not of 4* standard more like 2.5/3* it is just not trying hard enough and is a bit tardy… somewhere to put your head ‘just about’ …with a little effort it could be so much better.
Last punch in the gut…. When checking out we knew we had some charges on the room from the restaurant but the list was completely WRONG we were being charged for wine we didn’t consume, and a 3 course meal instead of the two course we had on arrival, total was over €100 excess! when the desk flicked through a box of receipts\chit’s under the counter they found our 'room chit's' and adjusted the bill….to be honest it was all a bit hap hazard for my liking if you didn’t keep account of what you had you could be nicely ‘ripped off’.

Room tip: No Comment I'm not even going to upload photo's !!
Date of stay: August 2018