All reviews reasonable selection soy milk within walking distance town florence
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

On arrival the receptionist was not welcoming at all. In fact 2, during our stay of five days, had the same demeanour. Having seen pics on website before we left the UK I was really impressed. Amazing what a bit of marketing can do. The trip, booked via Fleetway Travel, was by no means cheap.

Our room was really small. Not enough room to change your mind let alone swing a cat, as the saying goes, (not that I would). I checked under the bed to store a couple of bags & noticed a piece of paper & a tissue. On further inspection the paper was a local shop receipt dated 14/7/18 we arrived 25/7/18. Both items still in situ when we departed 5days later. Don’t think the vacuum reached into corners either. A wall socket was hanging & wall light wires exposed. Bathroom tiny, had to sit sideways on toilet otherwise knees would rest on shower screen. Hand towel rail fell apart.

Food - poor in quality & presentation.

Would I visit again? NO!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nanna57
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

just back from a week in this hotel. I do not know where to start. The first room that we were given the carpet and the walls were filthy. The extremely unhelpful and grumpy receptionist told us no other room available abd sent a lady to Hoover the room. This certainly did not sort the filthy carpet. 2nd day a lovely blond haired lady found us by the pool and offered us a choice of 2 other rooms. one on 1st floor and 1 on 4th floor. we opted for 4th floor. room was small. bathroom tiny but it had a wood floor and was spotless. our neighbours watched tv a lot and the sound was dreadful the walls are paper thin.. the spa which was included in our deal was more than basic.. the relaxation room is the 1st room that the spa ladies show guests into and explain everything to them so I'm not sure why it is called a relaxation room. it is s corridor between Jacuzzi room and Turkish bath and hot tub.. one morning at 7.2o there was no breakfast available as a group of Chinese had booked in the night before and took over the breakfast room. a very nice waiter knew we had to go on a trip and brought us a Danish pastry ! very nice of him but very poor planning on behalf of hotel. on one evening the pool area was closed to guests as there was a hen party on! another day there was a child's 10th birthday party so no point in being in a relaxing pool with approx 15 screaming children who were also jumping in and out of jacuzzi. Service so slow. nice friendly bar man/waiter called Ben but run off his feet. food in restaurant basic/ poor. I have to mention that the owner of the hotel did ask us if our room had been sorted and we told her the new room was ok. one very sleazy male member of staff I will not mention his name but he made me very uncomfortable. overall some lovely lovely staff. hotel maybe 2 star and not 4. seems to be open for private functions so not private to hotel guests. mostly coach tours for overnight stay but I certainly would not recommend this hotel to any couple for a week's holiday. I could not wait to leave this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank irelandsinglegirl
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Spent a week recently having booked last minute with top flight. The hotel is ideally located as is Montecatini (only 45mins on the train from Florence). The staff are great but the hotel itself needs a spruce up. As with allot of Italian hotels four stars means only 2/3 stars. It’s cleaned but the rooms are dark and not inviting. The spa area is very dark which is suspicious , and the seats in the lobby are very worn. The quality of breakfast was average at best. We wouldn’t stay here again unless the hotel was fully refurbished.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank HerDudeness
Reviewed 9 July 2018

A Montecatini family with a long tradition. She knows to choose the team, like the lovely personality of Francesca. Furthermore to preise la "cucina Italiana" under the control of Chef Valerio as well the kind and helpfull service of the Maitre Massimo.
Tour Guide, tour leader and interpreter R. Riglione Schneider

Room tip: Le stanze nella zona della SPA sono molto silenziose e da consigliar
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank raffaela r
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Place is amazing! I came for one week, stayed for two weeks. Staff very friendly, they make you feel like at home. Swimming pool area just perfect to relax in the morning, day or evening.. Nice food, good bar.
Highly recommending. Definitely will come back.

Room tip: Room with a balcony
Trip type: Travelled with friends