“Best restaurant in Italy”

Ristorante Marco Polo
Ranked #33 of 396 Restaurants in Mestre
Price range: US$40 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We found this wonderful restaurant on our first night in Mestre. We were early and greeted by the owner, escorted to our table upstairs. The owner’s mentor was a Sardinian and he has owned it for ten years. Everything from the crispy bread to the appetizers and main course was beyond good. We claimed it as our favourite restaurant in Italy, and we have been eating for the last ten days at good restaurants on our bicycle ride from Innsbruck to Venice. Our dining experience was capped off with a creamy lemoncella made in house, to die for. Cannot say enough good about this dining experience, in fact we are going back for our last night in Italy.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Very nice place and very nice people. I was with my wife and daughter and we liked it. The personal is awsome.
I recomend.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

The restaurant is cozy. We waited a long time for the order, but i's was worth it. The service was good. The salads, fish and seafoods were fresh and tasty, Wine Chardonnay was of good quality and taste. Dessert was cooked by the chef, i's fun and tasty.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Very disappointed - we were a group of four and one of friends ordered cuttlefish from the menu only to be served cod! When he advised the chef that he had ordered cuttlefish the chef’s response was that he didn’t have any cuttlefish left so decided to make cod instead. In situations like this you would expect a chef to come and tell you that they didnt have what you ordered and allow you to choose something else. Fortunately for the chef our friend didn’t want to make a fuss however it was unacceptable that he did what he did. So please when placing your order do check that they have what you ask for!

1  Thank SheilaDebrito
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We had a nice evening here the food was very nice my husband had the bean soup which was very tasty then prawns with roasted veg although not very much I had veal with mushrooms which was tasty and boiled veg which was better than the roasted tiramisu was very nice. The ambience was very nice the waitress chatty. The owner came over to chat which was very nice although this was a lovely evening for my friends birthday I felt that they could of made more of an effort to help celebrate my friends birthday.