“Good food, good service”

Ristorante Hostaria Dante
Ranked #34 of 392 Restaurants in Mestre
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We came for dinner in the early evening by recommendation of our hotel concierge. It was not very busy, so our orders came promptly. The plate presentations were very nice. We especially loved the appetizer, which was not what we had expected but still full of flavor. My favorite was the assortment of breadsticks. I was so enameled with the circular ones that I bought them at the market in Venice the next day!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place while strolling the area. Called and got a table no problem. We are Canadians so when asked for 19:30 you generally get it given Italy residents eat late and we are trying to assimilate with a 6 hour time change.
We got there a half early an although the kitchen starts at 19:30 they were more than happy to serve us a bottle of wine and antipasto. The food was plenty. The starters of cold cuts, mozzarella and tomatoes was great. My wife and I had branzino/sea bass. Amazing. Sitting outside mafe The ambiance was so romantic. If eating at a later time I would go inside because of bugs. Or wear long pants.
In all this place is top notch. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We went here last night and was a very homely feel with great service and very polite friendly waiters. I had the scallops for starters (defiantly the best I've had), Bolognese for main, and strawberry tiramisu for desert, along with 2 soft drinks, my boyfriend had the cold meats for starters, pasta for main and chocolate cake for desert also along with 2 soft drinks, and it only came to £60 Euros! Very good prices and fantastic food! Defiantly recommend this restaurant as one of the best, even better than most of the restaurants in The heart of Venice!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

We where a group of 5 ( Me,my 3 yo son, my wife- 6mths pregnant and her parents).
Arrived at 7:15 PM, very cold outside. We did not had reservations.
Upon arrival, an ancient man - owner ? - asked about reservation, and I answered him in Italian he answered me in english: Sorry ! No places left. Clearly the restaurant was not full, lots of free tables - reservations I guessed-. Ok, Can we wait for a free table ? -No, my costumers take all the time they need to eat.
Well,can I make a reservation for tomorrow ? - No , we are fully booked again.
The waitress nearby tells him in italian that it's not full, still have plenty tables left. He answers her in italian - I said NO !
And as the cherry in the cake, could you tell me if there is some other restaurant nearby ? - No I don't know, have a good night. You can use the wi-fi to find something if you wish.
Conclusion: Tourists, you are not welcome.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We got to the restaurant a little late, but we were seated instantly, and honestly, couldn’t fault the service! They were attentive, helpful and fast with everything we needed, without being pushy! Food was great, seemed a lot more local than other places we had seen - and it was very filling! Overall, I would definitely recommend this for anyone who wants a relaxed, local meal!