See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This was a last minute booking when we where traveling through Germany. Even though we only stayed one night it was the best sleep we had for a while. Everyone was really welcoming and helpful. Room are clean and nice. Our toilet was located outside our room with your own key, but it was a clean, super spacious, and better the most ensuite bathrooms. We later dinned in the hotel and can't say there was anything to complain about there either. The food was superb and over our expectations. Proper home made German food. We had a walk around the small town in the evening and this is a great escape from people as we meet hardly no one. It's ideal for hikers and cyclist. In the morning we already had a table set up for us and a wide range of breakfast options available. This is a well worth place to visit for some secluded comfort and alone time. I would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2015

By chance, visiting a customer, we stopped in this lovely rural hotel. The place can be reached only with a car. The place is absolutely quiet ... there is a small lake not faraway ... in a place called Rieden (approx. 15 min drive).

The lady owner is polite, helped us with few advise. The hotel looks new, inside very clean (can compare it with the previous hotel in Düsseldorf :( ...a disgrace for Germany).

Breakfast is very goos, though coffee , as for my taste is ... American :( (I call it "dirty water" ...:))

We lived on the 1st floor. The only unexpected thing was ... a bathroom across the corridor, separate for each room, with a key ... but ... funny for me.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Varied menu (German food, foreign specials, vegetarian), good beers, luscious desserts, efficient and friendly service, clean, family-run, motorcyclist-friendly. Locals come here.
I had a wonderful herb-creme soup and Schnitzel with mushroom cream sauce. It is also nice that they offer two sizes ( normal and small, with prices lower on the small portions for smaller appetites).

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Met our expectations and more. Extremely friendly service, excellent food and very clean.

We had the cordon bleu with salad. It was perhaps the best cordon bleu we've ever had. The salad was fresh and crispy with a tasty dressing.

Definitely worth the visit.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2015

Was met on arrival with a friendly handshake from the owner - and made to feel very welcome throughout my stay. The whole hotel is exceptionally clean. The food in the restaurant is good - I had the rumpsteak which was tasty, but on the expensive side. The location is a few miles from the Nurburgring.

I have two criticisms though, 1: the rooms are very noisy - the walls are so thin you can hear every conversation in the other rooms...... and 2: despite having booked (and paid) through Expedia, the owner accused me of not paying my bill and insisted on charging my credit card a second time!

Date of stay: April 2015