“Dinner during vacation ”

Osteria San Maurizio
Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Ivrea
Price range: US$14 - US$51
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and great hospitality. The cook accommodated requests to modify the menu to address special needs and the dishes were delicious.
They have a great talent for cooking and serving. The local white wine was also great.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We just found, thanks to Trip Avisor, this place. After a slow start, it turned out to be excellent. Centrally located in the old town, this restaurant offers a variety of fresh products at very reasonable prices. I recommend it to any Ivrea visitor!

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Delightful discovery. We parked nearby to see the city, and felt lucky to eat here. The service was so friendly; the chef even came out to talk with us. I enjoyed a tropical-style salad with fruit and flowers (!). Others had pastas and salads, all excellent. The piece de resistance was the "cuban cigar dessert," a chocolate confection that really does look like a cigar with brandy. One of our most memorable meals during two weeks in Piemonte, Valle d'Aosta, and Lombardia.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Buonissimo ! Good food, nice service, dogs friendly and fair prices ...
Definitely worth a visit .... enjoy

Thank Michelangelo An... I
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this well hidden gem that sits opposite a funeral supply store. Owner Maurizio was very patient with us Americans and took the time to explain the menus. His subtle take on a couple of Ivrean specialties wetted our appetites. I never expected, for example to enjoy roasted peppers and anchovies, but I did when combined with herbs and garlic. What we would call beef tartare melted in your mouth. I also had the rabbit who was great but a bit dry. My son had the beef and loved it. A few family members had tagliatelle and loved it. Maurizio's explanation of how a Nebbiolo derived wine becomes a Barolo was fascinating. His love of Ivrea and its culinary traditions was infectious( in a very subtle and refined way).