“Charm from a gone by era....”
Review of La Lucciola

La Lucciola
Ranked #11 of 134 Restaurants in Ivrea
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I have been an occasional customer of La Lucciola for more than twenty years. Not much has changed in that time ... even the waiters are the same and they don’t seem to age ... and I doubt much will change in the next twenty years.

This is traditional Italian family style dining. The way your Italian grandmother used to cook. Generous portions. Noisy customers. Decoration from The Godfather. Absolutely charming.

Value is pretty amazing ... a range of pizzas for €5-6 (that is served at the table!!). Half a liter of house wine €4. Again served at your table ... you barely get a small glass for that price in most European cities.

The menu is classical Italian with an emphasis on seafood. The antipasti are awesome especially the pickled vegetables.

But regardless of the quality of the “home cooked” food, this is a priceless experience.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

It IS the place the locals go to eat. The food was delicious and the atmosphere like family. I got lasagna that tasted like it had been made with ground veal because the meat was so tender and flavorful. My husband ordered (of course) the Margarite pizza and was, also, not disappointed. So many locals go here that they try to speak to you in fast Italian. My advice is to nod vigorously and not stare and look confused as I did. It was storming and hailing outside as we ate but it was warm and cozy inside. Memorable.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I went for diner and I loved the ambiance : the place is nice, there were children and old people, a lot of conversations, a lot of life in a place where you are very well welcomed then served and where other customers are polite and kind. Food was great, simple but well prepared with fresh products and full of flavors, for a low price. I especially loved antipasti and tiramisu. I enjoyed my "italian" evening very much.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I understand that going to Italy to eat pizza, it is not exactly exciting...but you should try the pizza from this restaurant....variety of different toppings, and incredible flavors.
The service was great, all the staff was very nice to us and I will go back and try different dishes next time...

Reviewed 13 October 2016

nice setting in the center of historic town of Ivrea, restored interior, excellent food, both local (piemontese) as wells as Southern (Napoletano). recommended!