All reviews etoile de neige the ski hire shop soup pasta chair lift chamole lift main course good size evening meal ski hotel ice cream house wine aosta valley excellent hotel salad bar shower room croissants
Reviewed 22 March 2018

We arrived in snow so bus could not negotiate the hill up to the car park. This meant we had to trundle our luggage up the hill, quite difficult in snow covered slope. We had to do the same the day we left but the snow was not so thick on the ground and it was easier to trundle down the hill. On both occasions a client slipped and fell not ideal.
The Hotel reception was very efficient when we were checking in and we were soon in our rooms. I had a twin room to myself as one our party could not travel. It was a good size and had good storage space for clothes and also for ski gear. The shower room was huge, but I think it was good that I wasn't with my husband who is 6.3" and broad shouldered as he would have struggled in the small shower enclosure. There was a plentiful supply of hot water and the shower room was warm. The room I had was at the end of the building so that maybe explains that it was a bit chilly. I was shown how to work the blower on the heater. This made a difference but still the room was cold if I didn't switch on the fan. My friends in the next room did not have this problem and their room was fine - without switching on the fan.
The staff were very helpful and the room was kept spotless. The buffet was plentiful and items were often replaced if they ran out. We chose to purchase wine as I didn't like the house wine. It was very reasonable at 22euros. Our waitress Anastasia(?) was attentive and spoke really good English as did most of the staff.
We had a 100 euro credit at the bar so we used it every night - as did most of the clients. This meant it was a very sociable place and everyone was friendly.
Getting on the snow was easy and the Chamole chair lift was just a short skate away. The ski area is quite small but the runs are varied and I enjoyed the skiing especially as we had 2 good days and 2 bluebird days interspersed with 2 snowy days. Great conditions.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel for its proximity to the slopes and we were very pleased with the location. The hotel is well managed and clean. The food is plentiful and if you particularly enjoy your pasta course then you’re in for a treat.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Just got back from a brilliant week after an absence of 10 years. Alessandro and all his team are amazing.Lovely, plentiful and varied food. Clean rooms with very comfortable beds and hot showers.We will be back.Thank you for a great week.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ann339
etoiledeneigepila, Direttore at Hotel Etoile De Neige, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Thank You ! We appreciate your words that they give us more power .....

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stayed here on a family skiing trip mid February. From the moment we arrived we had a great time, quick check in and then we were taken to pick up our ski kit so kids got to practice on Baby Pila slope a few hours after arrival !!!
Alessandro and his team did a great job of looking after us, plenty of food ,friendly service and immaculately cleaned rooms. The kids loved being able to ski in and ski out as the hotel has a great location at the bottom of some of the runs. We might have to come back next year !!!

Room tip: Both sides of hotel have great views
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank dajbon
etoiledeneigepila, Direttore at Hotel Etoile De Neige, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you and we hope to see you again !
Grazie !

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We spent a week here in mid-February on the advice of friends.
The food, layout and service are all excellent, and the close proximity to the slope and ski lift are ideal. We had a fantastic time here, which was helped greatly by Allesandro and his staff, all of whom were friendly and accommodating.
My only gripe would be the extremely hard bed and pillows, which meant my wife and i did not enjoy a great sleep on any of our nights.
We will book again for next year, but will ask for an upstairs room, and hope the bed is better.
Apart from that we could not fault the hotel, management or staff and had a great week.

Room tip: Don't pick a room on the ground floor overlooking the car park
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BobbyG34
etoiledeneigepila, Direttore at Hotel Etoile De Neige, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you. We work to give to our Guest good Holidays and your words give us more power ....