All reviews indoor pool head concierge aveda products fish restaurant great spa lake garda giant trees live guitar player connecting tunnel tiny bathroom chef matteo casual restaurant concierge service five star hotel pricey hotel short drive spa treatments
Reviewed 14 June 2017

In general we had an amazing time staying here.

Great position.
The quality is good.
Room good sized. No mirror in the bedroom. And no full length mirror at all.

Breakfast very good. Always with music.

Dinner in the evening by the well known chef, Matteo Felter, dreadful. Tried to be fine dining but failed. Food too salty. The wonderful dessert saved the dinner.

Music played on the terrace until 1am every evening. When I asked if it could be turned down as we needed to sleep I was told that it was not possible, I should close my windows/doors. Our room was on the first floor.

Staff very helpful.

Wonderful spa.

Room Tip: Room with lake view is great, But be warned music goes on until 1am every night.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017

This is a beautiful property in a stunning location. However, be aware that their kindness is not genuine. My car was damaged either when their valet took it at check in or when their head concierge, Mr. Jay [--], got the car from their parking at my departure. Mr. [--] was very chatty with me and didn't mind taking my monetary tip, but when he returned from retrieving my car which they damaged, he treated me like an unwelcome intrusion. I didn't see the damage but went back in to ask if he could assist me with a gear question and he flat refused. I thought it so strange, but when I later found out about the damage it made sense why his attitude so quickly changed. I have tried to work with the hotel to be reimbursed for the damage caused but at this point I still haven't been reimbursed and they won't respond. It's very upsetting that they deem it acceptable to treat a guest this way. Again, beautiful suite with a beautiful view, lavish breakfast, but it wasn't worth it for the way I've been treated.

Room Tip: Pay for lake view
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Chellebell
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

I have personally never written a review on here, but regularly use it to check my future hotels but on this occasion, I felt I must as this hotel can't be faulted!

This is just my opinion, and I hope for you, if you go you feel the same.

The arrival : We arrived at this traditional hotel, with many luxury sports cars in the drive way, which built to our excitement as we were there to see the mille miglia car race, which I would also recommend if you are in the area at this time of year. We checked in and we're given a room on the ground floor, with amazing views of the lake. The next day I went and asked if we could possibly be moved higher as I generally don't like ground floor rooms. They were a busy hotel but within 3 hrs we had been moved to the third floor and upgraded and if I thought the views were good before, the next views were breath taking!

The breakfast area is stunning, the food utterly delicious and the staff were incredibly lovely and helpful. Fresh pastries of which were as good as those in France, lovely eggs, well cooked fresh bread fruit. Just lovely!

The staff were so so helpful in recommending restaurants in the area and places to see, all of such are lovely.

To just make this experience better, you are given free pastries throughout the day, the pool is beautiful, the grounds well maintained. There is an incredibly talented pianist playing most evenings whilst you have cocktails on the terrace and we were given a complimentary bottle of prosecco upon arrival and lovely chocolates every evening. It was so wonderful!

Thank you hotel fasano!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Fassano for 3nights of luxury! The room was stupendous with a fantastic balcony and view of the Lake - the staff were very attentitve and ensured the stay was as comfortalbe as possible - the music on the terrace was nice to relax to and the piano bar on Wednesday night was entertaining - the Gin room is also a nice touch and superbly fitted out. The swimming pool (including a nifty connecting tunnel from indoor to outdoor) was again high quality - the hotel is fairly conveniently located with about a 15 minute walk to the nearest ferry point (Gardone) and bars restaurants etc. Salo is a bit further easily reached by bus or taxi (although these tend to be a bit expensive at 15 euros)

Room Tip: Lake view with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tristan T
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We went here for a romantic getaway for 3 nights, and fell in love with the property.

Dining in the shadow in the garden overlooking the lake from only a few meters is just perfekt. Nice beds and staff, and the breakfast at the terrace was impecable.

Would love to come back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple