“Decadent flavors and moderate prices ”

Gelateria Era Glaciale
Ranked #45 of 627 Restaurants in Ferrara
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We saw everyone walking around with cups of gelato from this store so naturally we had to try it. The gelato was fabulous... the ricotta e pera was like eating a bite of summer, and the pistachio was creamy with little salted nut pieces, and the salted caramel was the perfect sweet-salty balance. This, plus free use of tables outside ranks it excellent in my travel book.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Very popular gelateria on the main road close to the castle. Normally I dont eat ice cream but my family raved on it so jumped in for Chocolate and strawberry cone. The chocolate was so thick it was like eating a chocolate bar. Maybe should have had a caramel icecream with it!

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We have been indulging in gelato most afternoons on our extended visit to Italy, so I've been developing a "profile" of the best of my favorite 2 flavors: coffee, and dark chocolate.
This has been the first place where I have experienced tiny crunchy bits as an additional part of the scoops in my cup, and now I'm going to miss them everywhere else we go!

I often look for food vendors away from the main tourist streets because they often have better quality, but this place is right in the heart of Ferrara attractions, and it is wonderful, so I'm going to have to rethink that theory. We're moving on to another city tomorrow, but I may have to see how early this place opens to get another "fix" before we go; I'll be dreaming about it tonight!

Reviewed 19 April 2016

This was the best ice cream we tasted in Ferrara. Lots of choices, too many so had to keep going back. Best one for me was yoghurt with passion fruit. Hubby liked the red fruit cheesecake.

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

I know them very well as I am originally from Portomaggiore, a little town near Ferrara were they opened their first gelateria (still open). During the years I tried many of their flavours but at this visit I tried their gelato alla zucca (pumpkin flavour) and I could not get enough, it is the best flavour ever!!!! If you visit Ferrara you need to stop here, they make some of the best gelato in miles.