“Good local restaurant”

Osteria degli Ulivi
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Osteria degli Ulivi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 628 Restaurants in Ferrara
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Starting from the Apulian tradition and raw materials, we offer a young and fresh kitchen where seasonality is a diktat. But this does not exempt us from proposing a territorial offer. For lunch, in addition, there is the opportunity to make a quick lunch break, economical and nutritious.
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We visited it for lunch. The food is superb, and I particularly want to recommend octopus and traditional sausages.
Unfortunately, some of our order has gone wrong, but I still recommend the restaurant because of the excellent cuisine.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Setting is promising and Food seen in the dishes as well. But in the overall it was average. Cappellacci with turfle and mushrooms were overcooked. Pasta with seafood had a strange smell. Out of three dishes only cappellacci with pumpkin were eccellent, and they are typical of the Town. So If you go there, they are my suggestion. Price was good but portions not enough large.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had dinner with a couple of friends a week before Easter and the food and service was extremely good, with some traditional Ferrara dishes but a also a few items that broadened the menu and demonstrated the expertise in the kitchen.
My wife and I returned on Easter Saturday for lunch and joined about 20 other diners, some with their children. Every table in the main room was occupied but there was still plenty of room to move.
As an aperitif the wine waiter suggested a glass each of Pignoletto, a white wine from the region of Bologna. It was quite dry, but with some delicate fruitiness that we liked. I also ordered a bottle of red, a sangiovese that we saw being enjoyed by other diners (all local folks). This was called 'Noelia Ricci' made in Romana. It was not expensive and was very good.
We had for first course a tartare of tuna, with sliced fennel, and a pasta called laganari with a meat sauce containing small beef rolls with pecorino cheese. Both were delicious and different. We also shared our main courses that were petto d'anitra with radicchio, and bitter orange. This was a very well cooked duck breast on red cabbage, and slices of orange and bitter marmalade. The best duck breast I have had in Italy and France. The other main was spalla cotta di maiale, smoked pieces of pork shoulder served with pumpkin and mustard.
For dessert we shared a crema cotta all'arancia that was fantastic.
We have had great food generally in Ferrara, but we thought this meal was exceptional.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Went here on my own whilst on a business trip. Restaurant serves simple, but high quality local food - had the antipasta and ravioli. What is unusual for somewhere like this is the huge number of wines on the menu, there must have been over a hundred both local and from other Italian Regions. Its all really good value too, with a nice atmosphere. Service well paced, although I had to go up and get the bill at the end - no big deal though.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

As a tourist one has to be somewhere everyday of the holiday, even if it is a public holiday! Of course, most places in Ferrara were closed on the one day we were staying. During our stroll we found this Osteria open in the afternoon, so we went in and asked for a couple of spritz. The owner said that they were about to close, but if we didn't mind waiting he could bring us the spritz.

This kind gesture brought us to the decision of returning to the osteria for our evening meal as while he was preparing the drinks we took the chance to read the menu. He had no idea of our decision but offered us coffee before we left. Of course, we booked a table for dinner!

Oh my goodness! What an experience our dinner was. Our first course consisted of balloncini di baccala, and casarecce alla zucca. My husband then had a lamb dish. As if they were not excellent dishes we then had the most amazing desserts - I chose torta al olio di olive served with gelato di basilico and gelato di zucca, and my husband chose cassatina di olive candite e gel di capperi con frutta candita. Wow! I would never have imagined desserts made with olive oil, basil, pumpkin, let alone candied olives and caper gel. Absolute perfection in perfect surroundings served with love.

The restaurant was busy, the service relaxed and the experience was 100% perfect.