“What a special night. Highly recommended”
Review of Osteria La Ghiotta

Osteria La Ghiotta
Ranked #26 of 161 Restaurants in Empoli
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We came upon this gem on our way "home" from Siena. The staff went beyond all expectations for us, ensuring that the eight of us had a wonderful dinner experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I had a dinner at La Ghiotta in empoli , excellent appetizers, polenta with mushrooms and some fritters with a soft cheese (coccole ) that were delicious , we shared a steak (tagliata ) cooked in chianti and balsamico that was excellent. Dessert was offered on the house because of my bday ,! Owner very gracious and his wife is the chef , excellent combination ! Would go back anytime !!

1  Thank Margarita611
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

One of the few restaurants that was actually open in Empoli, most seem closed for a long time. Excellent menu, quality of the food was very good! Friendly staff and good pricing. Nice ambiance! Would recommend to go

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I whole heartedly recommend La Ghiotta. I was staying in Empoli for a week and tried the restaurant as it was close to where I was staying. The food was so delicious, fresh, homemade perfect Italian. I tried a few other restaurants over the week but ended up eating at La Ghiotta three evenings because it was the best I found. The host, Francesco, was very kind and friendly. It is not so spectacular from the outside, but do not judge this book by the cover. It is family run, wonderfully delicious food, very reasonably priced and if you are in Empoli it is well worth the visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

A very comfortable restaurant, service people are very gentle and nice. White wine of house is very good, then I suggest spaghetti "Garabaldina" a very special dish and wonderful taste! We took tortelloni with mozzarella bufala inside too and then different fishes on grill (see the photos). We'll come back for sure!