“Dinner with a surprise ”

Restaurant Il Vassallo
Price range: US$11 - US$46
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant is situated in the historic center of the district Vassalini, just a 20-minute drive from Sondrio and an hour from the Swiss border. It is a perfect and striking example of restoration of an rustic sixteenth which was the summer home bishop and now offers customers traditional dishes from Valtellina, classic and our creation. Numerous rooms of various sizes make our local suitable for both groups and for couples. One of the features which definitely makes it unique is our local presence An impressive rock archaic furrowed by the glaciers that stands on two floors and decorated with a thousand seductive colors that the sun and the weather has given him.Il nostro ristorante e situato nell'incantevole centro storico della contrada Vassalini, a soli 20 minuti d'auto da Sondrio e un'ora dal confine svizzero.Si tratta di un perfetto e suggestivo esempio di recupero conservativo di un rustico cinquecentesco che fu sede estiva vescovile e che oggi regala ai clienti piatti della tradizione valtellinese, classici e di nostra creazione. Le numerose sale di varie grandezze rendono il nostro locale adatto sia per gruppi numerosi che per coppiette.Una delle caratteristiche che rende sicuramente unico il nostro locale e la presenza di un imponente roccia arcaica solcata dai ghiacciai che svetta sui due piani e impreziosita da mille seducenti colori che il sole e il tempo gli hanno donato.
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere is very nice, service was really good. However the surprise I didn’t like :(! I ordered a bottle of wine clearly priced on the menu, the waiter surprised proposing another. I told him I was no expert and the one shown on the menu would be ok. The ugly surprise was that the wine the waiter brought me cost almost the double . For this reason only I am sharing my disappointment in that, if explained, I would most likely have excepted it anyway!! A wine costing the double, I feel the customer should be advised as a matter of correctness. Coming here to Chiesa every weekend makes me think, the loss is theirs only.
Regards, Brian

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful because so authentic restaurant - the pasta and gnocchi were ok.
The most enjoyed food was the meat grilled on a wood stick.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

The restaurant is built around a huge stone - an attraction itself. Here you will be served delicious traditional cooking. The pizzocheri (rich pasta with butter, cheese, cabbage and potatoes) and carne sul bastone (steak and bacon grilled on a wooden stick) are highly recommended. Beautifully paired with good Valtellina wine. The restaurant is a find.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

The restaurant is nice in terms of location but too big in my opionion and you lost the feeling of being on the mountains. I prefer smaller and warmer restaurants for those kinf of situation. We are a big group and we ordered in advance: quality of food is good and even the service. I think you can find in the area alternative choices that gives you a better atmosphere and a better value for money

1  Thank Lorenzo B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We got really good food and a nice service, even more as we arrived pretty late and they had to wait for us to be able to finally close down. The Ziguner is a dish to taste!!
The staff is all locals. The interiors are all wood and stone: it must be even more appeling in winter :D