See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I have been going to this hotel with my parents and sisters since I was very young (I must have visited over 20 times) and hence know it very well, now I am excited to be able to share it with my wife and children. We have just booked for summer 2018 having stayed in 2016 and 2017 as a family.

The hotel is charming and much hasn't changed since I used to visit as a youngster, it's a family run hotel and the staff look after you very well and go a long way to accommodate your needs. The food is delicious and the wine is well priced. Every room that I have stayed in has been spacious and clean and I think the sea view rooms are worth the extra money if you can get one.

The beach is lovely and perfect for families as the sunbeds are well spaced meaning that there is plenty of room for children to play (the beach is huge but the hotel has a private stretch that is reserved for guests of the hotel only). There is a small children's play area by the beach house area and a volleyball court, you can also get a beach hut with key so you can leave your dingy and beach toys at the beach which is really handy. There is another children's play area next to the pool which is always just the right temperature and there is a life guard on duty at all times.

It's always a very relaxed stay and perfect for families, very good value for money. I can't recommend it highly enough and I hope we will be able to visit for many years to come!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are great!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Adrian_L-J
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

After 10 years of not visiting Hotel Britannia, I took my husband to introduce him to a very special place that I enjoyed for 17 consecutive years growing up - it certainly did not disappoint and we will be booking again to go this summer.

A charming hotel perfectly situated by a beautiful beach (with private area), amazing food, swimming pool, child friendly, comfortable rooms, wonderful and friendly staff, reasonable pricing - what is not to love?! (You very rarely hear another English voice which is lovely when going on holiday).

It was every bit as good as I remember and we can't wait to return. It is lovely to have a family run hotel where you actually see the different family members floating around-always ready and keen to help.

I can't recommend Hotel Britannia enough, bring on the summer!

Special thanks to Luca for being so kind and attentive to us.

Thank you so much for a brilliant holiday and we will be in touch soon.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2016

Having last visited Cesenatico and Hotel Briannia about 5/6 yrs ago. I can say without doubt that the place itself has not changed, still as charming as ever. However the Hotel Britannia which is still beautifully clean and charming, needs to spruce itself up s bit, we have recently returned from a seven day stay, we reported that the shower was cold on day two, but this was not dealt with until day six. I found the food although plentiful was served in strange combinations, ie lovely grilled prawns with ratoutoulle. The waiting staff although very helpful and attentive were not at all professional, considering the Hotel was less than half full. I would visit again and hope there are some improvements made next season. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Nice lift to all floors
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, a bit dated but in a charming way. Our room was spacious, and had a sea view. Breakfast was good. The stuff is extremely nice. Very close to Their beach (bagno Britannia) where we had an excellent lunch. Overall an extremely pleasant stay

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Back again to the Hotel Britannia and it is still as good as ever.
The rooms are clean and comfy.The restaurant has an extremely helpful Head Waiter who is most attentive and the food is delicious and plentiful.
We always take the full board option as it is such good value.
The beach is clean and safe ...just right for small children and over the years this has improved immeasurably .
We love to come back here year upon year and we are always assured of a warm welcome.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple